Where Did You Go?

It was eleven-thirty at night before Damon stepped foot in the mansion. He quietly came into the room, attempting to be as he could. He tried to use as little light as possible as well. I was still awake though. I couldn't sleep until I knew if he would be back like he had promised.

"Welcome home." I greeted him.

He jumped as he didn't expect my words. "Why are you still up?" He asked.

"I couldn't sleep. And I was waiting on you." I explained as I sat myself up in the bed.

"It's still technically Sunday. I kept my word." He responded.

"Where did you go Damon?" I asked. After I didn't hear anything from him I asked Stacey for an update. She informed me that someone else had gone to take care of his client.

"What do you mean?" He questioned back.

"I know you didn't go meet with a client. Where did you go? And don't you dare try to lie to me after telling me we're supposed to be truthful with each other." I waited for him to answer.

He let out a low sigh as he undressed down to his boxers. "I paid a visit to Ava." He finally responded as he climbed into the bed beside me.

I nodded as I expected he would eventually go to see her. I didn't expect that he was going to run off so soon to deal with her. "What did you do?" I asked quietly.

"I personally locked that bitch up like she's a prisoner. I've even had guards assigned to make sure she doesn't try anything to get out." He answered like it was no big deal. "Let's get to bed Love, you need your rest."

I was reluctant but gave in and laid back down. I knew there was probably more to the story of what he did to Ava but I didn't want to ask. When it came to his punishments I was okay getting the bare minimum on details. Damon didn't act unless he was provoked and this time she had definitely gone too far.

I closed my eyes and finally felt myself drift off to sleep. The sound of the alarm I had set began to go off to wake us both up. I climbed out of bed and went to the closet to get dressed. I was going to go to work after this appointment so I dressed professionally with a dark purple skirt and white long sleeved blouse. I grabbed a pair of heels and left the walk in closet.

Damon was tying his tie in a mirror in the bedroom as I walked out. He could see in the mirror that I had returned. His eyes looked at the shoes in my hand. "Pick something more comfortable. You're pregnant, you don't have to wear heels everyday to work. Besides we're going somewhere after the doctor's office."

"Where?" I was puzzled as he didn't tell me this beforehand.

"You'll see." he responded as he went to put on his suit jacket.

"Are we going to see Sterling?" I asked. I was hopeful that maybe he had finally got his head straight so we could get this all figured out.

He paused for a moment. I could tell he was thinking before speaking. "Not yet."

I let out a frustrated sigh but went back in the closet to get a pair of boots that would look good with the outfit I had chosen. Once I came back out Damon was ready to get going. We headed down stairs and got into the car. He decided to have Cody drive us today in the Mercedes that Damon owned.

The drive was silent as Damon seemed to do a little work on his phone. I wanted to press more on what he had planned to do with Sterling. I didn't want to have Damon upset again though. I wanted to give him the opportunity to bring it up, maybe it would go better that way. However if he still didn't say a word by the end of the night I would get right to the point. This conversation needed to happen and it needed to be done soon.

The car parked in front of the women's center. Damon and I exited the vehicle and he held my hand tightly as we went inside. This was the first appointment he was coming with me to. Due to the coma Dr. Hyde wanted to make sure we checked on the baby again today with an ultrasound. Damon had the opportunity of seeing the baby while I was still in a coma but this was the first time we got to see the baby together.

We checked in and waited patiently to be taken back. It wasn't long before my name was called. The nurse did the routine stuff of having me urinate in a cup then checking my blood pressure and weight. She took Damon and I to a room after that where we waited for Dr. Hyde to come in.

The doctor did a courtesy knock on the door before coming inside. "Hello." he greeted. "Nice to see you again Damon."

"Good to see you again as well." Damon responded. "This time under better circumstances."

Dr. Hyde nodded and then turned his attention to me. "How are we feeling?"

"Not too bad." I answered.

"Do you have any questions or concerns for me?" Dr. Hyde asked.

"No. Not really." I responded.

"Well, let's take a look at this baby then." Dr. Hyde came over to the fancy machine next to me and squirted some of the gel onto my stomach. He picked the baby up on the monitor fairly quickly. He was focused for a moment while he checked on everything. "Baby looks great. You're about sixteen weeks, I can see if maybe we can tell the gender if you'd like."

"You can do that?" I asked.

"Yeah. Technology has come a long way. Now it's only my best guess but I've usually been spot on. We'll confirm it at your next appointment when we do the long ultrasound to check on all the development better at twenty weeks." Dr. Hyde explained. "So do you want to know?"

I looked at Damon and could tell he was thinking the same thing I was. I looked back to the doctor and finally responded. "Yes please."

Dr. Hyde nodded and looked where he needed to tell the gender. "Damon, I think you might be in some trouble." Dr. Hyde joked.

"Why?" Damon looked at him puzzled.

"Well by the looks of it, looks like you'll be having a daughter." Dr. Hyde responded.

The appointment wrapped up after that. I was thrilled at the idea of having a little girl. I was happy that she would have a big brother like Sterling to protect her. Now I just needed to make sure he came home soon.

We got into the back of the car again and Cody began to drive. "Where are we going Damon?" I asked. He still didn't tell me exactly where our next destination was.

He looked out of the window and then back to me. "We're going to be getting on the jet. There's something I need to do in Las Vegas."

His face was hard to read. It held no emotion so I couldn't tell what he was thinking. One thing was certain, he was up to something. I just didn't know if it was good or bad. By his face I was leaning towards something bad.