Back To Work

I entered the hospital to go visit my mother, it had been a few days since leaving the penthouse. I went home to my mother's house after getting my things. I had put some of the items I took with me posted online to be sold. No buyers yet though.. I was running low on funds, I knew what I was going to have to do. My mom was going to need her medicine and I needed to have a roof over my head. I was going to have to turn back to the streets unfortunately.

I entered her hospital room, she gave me a smile. "Hello Kaydence."

I gave her a smile back. I hadn't told her the events that went on. She knew I was with Justin but didn't know the extent of the relationship. I figured she had enough on her plate that she didn't need to worry about me.

"Hey." I greeted her back.

She had actually seemed like she had a little more energy today compared to my last visit. She was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, they were keeping it calmed down with radiation. She lost her hair due to the treatments and she did lose weight. They believed her new medication would be able to help get her into remission and be able to go home. Luckily it had been caught before entering the fatal stage. Seeing her more energetic today gave me a little hope.

"How's it going honey?" She asked.

"It's alright. I broke up with Justin." I informed her, I figured I'd tell her but I would spare the details as to why.

"Oh honey, I'm so sorry. What happened?" She asked.

"It just wasn't working out." I gave her a smile, to reassure her I'm fine with it.

We talked for a little while and then a nurse entered the room. "Ms. Bush, can we talk to you for a moment?" She spoke to me.

I nodded and headed out into the hall. "What's the matter?" I asked her.

"The bill for the new medication didn't go through on the payment method you had provided. Would you like us to try again or is there another method to use?" She asked.

I let out a sigh. "No. The prior method isn't working anymore. When does the payment need to be in by?"

"To continue the new medication we need it by friday." She answered me.

I nodded. "Okay, how much is it?"

"The total comes to $900."

I nodded again. "I'll have to by then." Today was Tuesday, it gave me about three days including today to get the money.

With that I went to say goodbye to my mother and get to work. Sure it was only $900 right now, but that was for one medication. There would be an incoming bill soon that's even higher. I haven't been on the street for a little bit so I wasn't exactly sure how quick I'd be able get picked up and make the money. I was hoping due to doing this work before I could just pick back up where I had left off.

I went home and started getting dressed for the night. I kept my clothes for work in case I needed them if Justin didn't work out. I put on my go to black lace dress, it had a plunging v-neck that showcased my breast and then length came down long enough to cover my butt. I added to the look some fishnet tights and some tall heels. I finished the look off with a red smokey eye, winged eyeliner and a red lipstick.

After getting ready I made my way down to the spot where local prostitutes hang out. As I approached I was greeted by a friend Julie. She had short burgundy hair and brown eyes. "Well look what the cat dragged in." She smiled.

"Hey Julie." I returned the smile.

"Lover boy not work out?" She asked.

I shook my head no. "He was worse than I thought." I responded.

She had a concerned look on her face. "I'm sorry Kay. How's your mom doing?" Julie was a close friend of mine. She knew the details of my mom being sick and had been here for me when I needed it.

"She's doing okay. There's a new medicine they're trying. Hence why I'm back here." I explained.

We spent time catching up and keeping each other company while waiting for clients. We got sidetracked when a black car pulled up. A window in the back rolled down, those familiar icy blue eyes met mine. Damon Tipton. I guess Justin's little secret about me wouldn't be hidden anymore.

"Ms. Bush." He spoke.

"Girl go, he looks loaded." Julie whispered in my ear.

"Come to my car please." he spoke again.

I walked over to the car and entered the backseat with him. He rolled up his window. "Cody, drive around until I tell you stop." he instructed his driver.

"What can I do for you Mr. Tipton?" I asked. I was nervous, yeah he was a stranger to me but he had ties to Justin.

"What are you doing selling yourself?" He asked. It felt like his icy blue eyes were staring into my soul.

"It's what I do, I need the money." I explained.

His face was expressionless, making him hard to read. "I didn't think my nephew was worth letting yourself fall this far."

"I did it before I met Justin. He and I had an agreement, which no longer stands so I had to get back to work." I spoke quietly.

He gained a puzzled look on his face. "What kind of agreement?"

"My mother is sick, he was helping pay for her medical bills in exchange for me being his to impress Martin." I responded.

He was lost in thought for a moment before speaking. "Cody, let's take Ms. Bush back to her friend."

"Did you not want any service?" I asked.

"Not today. But I'll give you $100 so that I haven't wasted your time." He answered, pulling money out of his wallet.

His driver pulled back up to my starting point and I got out of the car. Before I walked away Damon spoke once more. "I will be back though."