You're The First

"Kaydence, are you ready yet?" Damon hollered from downstairs.

He had returned last night and tonight we were off to the event he needed to make an appearance at. I hadn't really seen him since he got back late, he was sleeping off his jet lag during breakfast. I spent most of my morning and afternoon talking with Rose before she had left to visit her family. After she left I went to my room to get ready to leave with Damon.

"Just another minute." I hollered back to him.

I wore a dark purple mermaid gown as Damon had requested. I did my blonde hair into curls and did a purple smokey eye to compliment the dress. I did seem to have more freedom on what I did with my make up with Damon. Justin would've never approved of the dark look. I applied mascara and my lipstick, then I proceeded to meet Damon by the garage door.

I made my way down the stairs, Damon's icy blue eyes were glued to me. He was in a black suit that had a black bow tie and purple shirt that matched my dress. "You look gorgeous Love." He complimented me.

I gave him a slight smile, "Thanks handsome."

"We better get going now." He spoke as he took my arm in his.

We exited the house and got into his car. I still wasn't sure exactly why he was hell bent on me coming out with him this evening. I would think if he hired an escort before he would do it again without a second thought. Unless he saw me on the same level as an escort. I let out a sigh at that thought without realizing it.

"Everything okay?" Damon asked while still focusing on the road.

I nodded. "Yes. Everything's fine."

We drove until we reached one of the hotels that Tipton Enterprises owned, the event would be held here in the banquet hall. We got out of the car and Damon handed the keys to the valet to park it. He proceeded to take me by the arm again and we entered together. There were people taking pictures as we entered.

"Who are they?" I asked.

"Paparazzi. Are you afraid to be seen with me?" He questioned.

"No. I just, I didn't expect it." I responded.

"You'll be fine. I promise." He removed his arm from mine and moved it down to my waist holding me close to him firmly.

I wasn't sure how I felt about our picture being taken. It's not like Damon and I were together or anything, to them I was just some girl that was seen with him. I wasn't the first girl he's taken to an event so it probably was normal for him to have his picture taken with women. Even if it made it onto any media site it'd be yesterday's news in no time.

We made our way to a table where Damon let go of me and pulled a chair out for me to sit down. After I sat he took the seat next to me. "What's this for?" I asked.

"We made a deal with a company and this is the announcement and celebration of it." Damon explained.

I nodded in response. I had never been to something this nice. Justin was only a manager so therefore he didn't come to these things. Atleast for now he didn't, he probably will if this promotion goes through. Damon knew about the family gathering on Sunday but I hadn't had the chance to tell him why Martin wanted his presence. I figured I could save it for tomorrow or the day of.

The event was finally starting, a tall older man made his way over to a microphone in front of everyone and spoke, "Good evening ladies and gentlemen, we are thrilled you could join us here tonight. We are excited to announce our new partnership with Tipton Enterprises!" People clapped.

Damon got up from the table and joined the man at the microphone, "Thank you Mr. Mendler. We look forward to doing business with you." Damon spoke and shook the man's hand.

Damon made his way back to the table taking his seat again. The man continued speaking, from my understanding he was part of a development program. Tipton Enterprises had helped sponsor his new project and were sending some of their people to help overlook and be a part of the project. There was more but honestly I had zoned out and didn't pay much attention.

I really had no idea what was going on. I wasn't part of the business world so I had no idea what all of this meant. This seemed a little extravagant to have such a big event to announce a partnership. But then again, I'm not part of the business world so maybe this is normal.

After the man finished speaking and making a toast, food started to be brought to our tables. They served a chicken dish and had salad as a side. After that they served a cheesecake dessert, this one was the best dish of them all in my opinion "Are you having fun?" Damon asked.

"Yes, the food is good." I responded.

He smiled slightly and grabbed my hand. "I have some people to speak with and then we'll get out of here. Let's go." He gently pulled me up when he stood up.

I followed behind as Damon shook hands with some people. I don't know why he had pulled me along to greet anyone. They were oblivious to me mostly, which I was more than okay with. After he had talked to everyone he needed to he held onto my waist tightly as we made our way to the exit.

The paparazzi were still outside keeping watch to get pictures of people's exits. As soon as they saw Damon they began to go off. "Mr. Tipton! Mr. Tipton! Who's that girl you're with?! Is that your girlfriend?!" They all spoke over each other as they clicked their cameras.

Damon and I waited patiently for his black BMW to be brought by the Valet. He didn't answer any of the paparazzi. He opened the door for me like he had done before. We got into the car where it was finally just the two of us. "If you don't want to be all over the internet tomorrow I can make them delete the photos." He motioned to the paparazzi.

"No, it should be fine. It's not like I'm the first girl you've been seen with." I responded.

He let out a slight chuckle, "That's true. But you are the first they've seen."

I shot him a puzzled look. "What do you mean?"
"When I come to things like this I usually hire an escort to keep me company. I usually make them meet me somewhere inside. If I've driven them then I make them wait to enter until I have already." He explained.

"So they've never seen you with a girl before?" I asked, just to be clear.

"Nope. You're the first." He smirked.