I Don't Accept It

Damon had taken his time getting things arranged for Justin to return to Nashville. He could have done it all in a matter of hours but he decided to take days instead. Martin didn't push him though, the fact Damon was working on this at all was enough for him. After close to a week it was time for him to arrive.

Other than that everything seemed to be great. I was on my way to meet Damon at his office for lunch. He wanted to go over the numbers for the online shop together. I offered to stop and get the food he had requested but he declined. He said that he had Stacey already out to do it.

The car stopped in front of Tipton Enterprises and I got out to go inside. I did my normal routine, walk through the lobby and straight to the elevator. Stacey wasn't at the desk Damon had for her, she must still be out getting the food. I let myself into his office.

He was in mid conversation when I entered his office. He looked up and me and the person across from him turned to see who entered. It was Justin. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt." I apologized to Damon.

"You're fine Love. Just go sit outside while I finish up here." Damon directed. "It'll only be another few minutes."

I nodded and left the room quickly to leave them alone. Damon had thick soundproof walls in his office so trying to eavesdrop was impossible. I sat down on the couch as I waited for him patiently. I would ask him why Justin was here of course. It was the best way to get the information I was curious about.

Minutes passed and finally the office doors opened. Justin was the only one to exit. He caught a glimpse of me waiting and stopped to face me. Julie had been right, he was missing a hand. "Kaydence, it's good to see you doing well." he spoke.

"Thanks? I guess." I responded flatly.

"Look, I never had a chance to apologize for the wreck that night. I didn't mean to put you or your baby at risk like that." His words seemed sincere but I didn't believe them. I refused to let him fool me once again.

"Thanks for the apology but I don't accept it. What you've done in the amount of time I've known you is unforgivable." My tone was cold as ice.

"I understand." he nodded. "I'm just glad that you and your baby are okay."

"Didn't I tell you to get out of here?" Damon's voice interrupted. His tone made it clear he wasn't pleased Justin was stopping to talk to me.

"Yes." Justin let out a defeated sigh. "I just wanted to properly tell her I was sorry for the last time we had seen each other. That's all."

"I don't want you talking to my wife. Get the hell out of here before I change my mind. Or I'll cut off your other hand and shove it down your throat." Damon threatened.

"I'm going." Justin responded in a defeated tone and headed towards the elevator.

Damon watched Justin's back intently. Once Justin was in the elevator that's when Damon's focus came back to me. "Come in now Love. Stacey should be here any time."

I got up from the couch and went into his office. He shut the door behind us and didn't hesitate to take me into his arms. He placed a kiss on my lips before letting me go so he could take his seat at his desk. I sat down in the seat across from him.

"So are you going to ask or what?" He spoke as he looked me over.

"What do you mean?" I responded.

"About Justin. You must have questions about what you just saw. So ask." His eyes were still focused on me as he waited for a response.

"Why was he here?" I finally asked. "I thought he wasn't supposed to come near us."

Damon laced his fingers together in his lap and slightly leaned back in his chair. "I was going over the ground rules for him to be here. I think you're right, he's too scared to be a threat right now." There was a malicious but satisfied smile on Damon's lips.

"What makes you so sure he's really scared?" I looked at Damon curiously.

"Because of the look on his face when I described to him everything that led to his mother's mental breakdown." Damon answered. "At this point as well he has practically lost everything and he knows I won't hesitate to make his life even worse."

"Okay then." I nodded. "I guess we'll wait and see what happens. How long is he back for?"

"I've given him only a week. Then he has to be gone again and can only return if something serious happens to Ava." Damon responded.

The phone on his desk rang which interrupted the conversation. "That might be Stacey, you probably should answer it." I suggested.

He answered the phone and placed it on speaker. "What is it?" he asked.

"Sir, I've got the food you ordered." Stacey answered.

"Go ahead and bring it in please." He spoke once more before hanging up.

Stacey entered seconds later with a bag of food and two drinks. She set a drink down in front of each of us and did the same with the two to go boxes in the bag. "Is there anything else I can get you sir?" She asked Damon.

"No, that will be all. Thank you." He responded to excuse her.

"What did we get today?" I asked as I went to open the box in front of me.

"I ordered some food from this new hawaiian place nearby." he answered. "We both got lemonades and then I got you a teriyaki chicken meal that comes with white rice and a macaroni salad. I got almost the same but teriyaki steak instead of chicken."

"Well it looks delicious." I picked up a piece of the chicken on my fork and placed it into my mouth.

The quality of the food was fantastic, even as to go is was delicious. Every bite was filled with flavor. I hadn't had much for breakfast so it didn't take long for me to scarf it all down. Damon looked at me amused as he finished his food.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing." he gave me a small smile as he cleaned up the garbage and threw it away. He sat back down at his computer and began to type. "Come here."

I got out of the chair and went behind the desk as he directed. "Yes?"

"Have a seat." he spoke as he began to pull up the online store information.

I began to go back around to grab a chair to sit with him as directed.

"Not there." he caught my attention as he looked me up and down.

"Then where?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Right here Love." He pointed to his lap. "Right where you belong." He smirked seductively to accompany the domination in his tone.