What Game Is He Playing?

Sunday quickly approached and I had still not told Damon that he was supposed to sit down with Justin. I was way too nervous, I didn't want to upset him. However it was about time to leave and I could no longer stall. I had already been up here longer than necessary. I was trying to buy time before we got into the car.

I took a deep breath and let it out, I exited the room grabbing my silver purse to go with my dark grey dress. My eyes met Damon's as I came down the steps, seems to be the spot he likes to wait for me at. His suit matched my dress and today he chose to slick his hair back. "We're going to be late if we don't get a move on." He spoke.

I followed him out to the garage and got in the car. He pulled out and started driving. It was now or never. If I didn't tell him about Martin wanting to sit down with him and Justin he'd probably feel ambushed. And if he found out I knew the chances of me facing another punishment were pretty high.

"Damon." I spoke to get his attention.

He glanced at me and back to the road. "What is it?"

"I need to tell you something." I responded.

"Well, what is it?" He asked.

"Martin called while you were away. He wants to sit down with you and Justin." I was waiting to see how he reacted to that before telling him why.

He gripped the steering wheel a little tighter. "About what?" I could tell by his tone he was annoyed now.

I let out a sigh. Better to just get this over with now. "He wants to promote Justin he said. That's all the details he gave me."

The grip he had on the steering wheel tightened even more. "When did he call?"

"I believe it was either Monday or Tuesday." I looked out of the window to avoid whatever cold stare he might be giving me.

"And why am I just finding out this now Kaydence?" There was a hint of anger in his tone.

"Because I didn't want you to be upset." I mumbled.

"What? I couldn't hear that!" His anger was starting to take over his voice as he raised his voice.

"Because I didn't want you upset right when you got home!" I raised my voice back at him, looking in his direction.

He thought for a moment before speaking any further. "What did he do for my father to decide he was worth a promotion?" His tone was softer.

"He never said and I didn't ask. Whatever Justin does isn't my business anymore. I figured you probably would find out if you sat down with them. Plus if I asked it would be weird." I responded.

"Okay. I'll sit down with them. But only because I want to know what little game he's trying to play." He let himself relax a little bit.

It didn't go over super great but it went over better than I had expected. I should've told him earlier I will admit that. He did have the right to know but I feel like he wouldn't have even thought about it unless we were on our way. Thankfully he had agreed and I accomplished my part of what I needed to do.

We arrived at Martin's home shortly after our conversation. Damon had wrapped his arm tightly around my waist as we approached the door. Once we were let in we went into the living room as usual. Justin, Victoria and Justin's parents had already arrived before us. Justin looked me over once I entered the room and Victoria rolled her eyes.

Damon noticed Justin's gaze on me and pulled me in for a kiss. He could have gone in for a peck but decided to amp it up. My lips moved in sync with his while he continued on. His kisses made me like putty in his hands, I would do anything for him to continue. I was getting addicted to his lips. Finally he pulled away and grabbed my hand to lead me to sit on the couch.

"Do you really have to try to make out in front of us?" Ava scoffed. It was hard to believe I once thought she was sweet. Her attitude completely changed which I understood but it wasn't my fault she raised an asshole.

"I'm just making sure it's clear what's mine." Damon responded with a cold tone, he glanced at Justin as he spoke.

"Why do you keep bringing her here? You'd think you'd support your nephew more than his," Ava paused as she looked me over with a disgusted look. "His ex harlot."

Before Damon could respond Martin came in. "That's enough Ava. Kaydence is Damon's woman now, she's welcomed here just as much as Robert is."

Ava let out a frustrated sigh. "Fine." She crossed her arms.

After that we all made our way into the dining room and proceeded to eat our meal. When I was with Justin these meals had more banter and laughs, even if it was an act by Justin. Every meal here since meeting Damon that first time was filled with tension and awkward silence. Rose had mentioned there were more issues between Martin and Damon, it had to be pretty big for such a change in the atmosphere.

We finished the meal in our silence and went back into the living room. I was sitting by Damon when Martin finally spoke breaking the silence there had been since we went into the dining room. "Damon, Justin please come to my study. We have to discuss some business."

Damon planted a kiss on my cheek before getting up. I could see Martin get a slight smile seeing Damon being willing to go talk. They headed for the stairs and Damon paused to look towards me. "I will be back shortly, Love." he then put his eyes on Ava. "If anyone is rude I will know."

They walked up the stairs and I kept my eyes on the ground. I didn't want to see if anyone was looking at me. I could feel a few glances here and there in my direction but I ignored them. It had been minutes and Ava still hadn't said a thing. I knew it wasn't because of Damon, it was because of Martin she was behaving.

I pulled my eyes from the ground when there was yelling coming from upstairs. I knew it was Damon's voice that I heard. Something had to have been said to set him off. There was a slam of a door and I could hear Damon coming back down the stairs. He was followed by Martin and Justin.

"Damon, please!" Martin called behind him.

"Kaydence, let's go!" Damon yelled in anger as he headed towards the door.

I got up from the couch and did what I was told. Whatever was said to piss him off I didn't want to make it any worse.