I Will Handle It How I See Fit

"You're awake." Damon still looked at me in slight shock.

"Yes. Now is this the part where I have security come escort you out?" I folded my arms across my chest. I wasn't serious, I just wanted to make him squirm. He deserved it.

"Um, I'm-" He looked taken aback by my comment. He was searching for what words to say but he couldn't find anything.

The lost look on his face made me chuckle. "I'm kidding. Calm down."

"I'm so sorry Love. I was just trying to-" He started to explain himself but I cut him off.

"I know Damon. I could hear you talking to Martin. I was in a coma, not dead." I explained. "I know you were doing it for me. But I wish you would've said something."

He reached his hand out and pulled mine into his grasp. "I will make this up to you. I swear." His icy blue eyes looked into my green ones as he spoke. I knew he meant every word. "I should probably go get the doctor." he started to stand from the chair he sat in. He was still wearing the suit from the night of the accident.

"Wait. I want to know what happened after we hit the other car?" I asked. "I don't remember anything between that and figuring out I was here. Please answer me before getting the doctor. I want to know before they come in and start pestering me."

He thought for a moment before speaking. "The car flipped, I stopped immediately and went to get you out. You were unconscious but you were still breathing and you only had a few scratches on you." He began to explain. "I called for an ambulance and they brought you here. They brought that asshole too."

"I heard your exchange with him as well." I responded.

"I really should let the doctor know you woke up. Okay?" he started to head for the door.

"Fine." I sighed. I wanted to spend more one on one time with Damon. We had felt so far apart the last little while that I wanted us back to normal. But I understood my health needed to be first right now.

He walked out of the room and returned a few moments later with the doctor I had overheard him talking to when I first came here. The doctor seemed to be in his forties. He had longer brown hair with a beard. Both which seemed to have hints of grey to them.

"Hello Ms. Bush, I'm Dr. Shaw. What is the last thing you remember before waking up?" The doctor asked after introducing himself.

"I remember the flash of headlights and then the car flipping. Then I was here, but I wasn't awake. I couldn't move or see. I could only listen to everything around me, then I seemed to wake up completely." I answered.

. Dr. Shaw nodded. "Your body went into shock after the accident which resulted in the comatose state. You've been in the coma for about three days. I have had Dr. Hyde come in to check everything with the baby and you both seem to be doing fine. I would like to check in on your vitals and everything now."

"She said she could listen, how common is that Dr. Shaw?" Damon asked as he observed the doctor looking me over.

"It's not uncommon actually. Some recent studies show that patients can have a heightened sense of hearing." Dr. Shaw explained as he finished looking me over for everything he needed. "I want to keep you for a few days just for observation. Everything looks great though so you should be home soon. Do you have any questions for me Ms. Bush?"

"No." I responded. "Not at this time.

"Very well." He nodded and then looked toward Damon. "You know where to find me if you need anything." He then proceeded to exit the room, shutting the door behind him.

Damon and I sat there silently for a moment. I glanced down to look myself over to see how beat up I was. Damon didn't lie, I was lucky and only got a few minor scratches. I noticed though something was missing, the engagement ring.

"Damon, the ring." I looked at him frantically. I knew how much it meant to him considering it was his mother's. I had worn it that night and now it was gone. "Where is it?

"I don't know. But it doesn't matter." He responded.

"But Da-" I started to speak again but he stopped me.

"Was it important? Yes. But not as important as you are." he sat down at the side of the bed again. "A ring doesn't compare to our family being okay." he placed a hand on my stomach.

"I guess we should probably talk about the baby." I suggested. I was slightly worried he may be upset with me for not saying anything like he was with Martin.

"Have you known all this time?" He asked as he looked at me curiously.

"I found out right before you called to have us take a break, I was about eight weeks at that point. I didn't want to tell you at first but then it didn't feel right keeping it from you. Then I wanted to tell you when you called, but you were so upset and didn't give me the chance. Then after talking with my mom I went to talk to you at your office and you turned me away." I explained. "At that point I felt if I told you that you would think it was just to get you to talk. Then I went to your dad and he agreed we should keep it a secret for now. It was selfish and I'm sorry."

"Don't be. It was probably for the best. Clearly Justin's a violent asshole. You did what you thought was best, you protected our baby." he responded.

"What happened with Justin and Ava?" I asked, I never knew what happened in the room when I had left.

A smug smile crossed Damon's lips. "They've been completely cut off from the family as you know. But my father has decided he no longer will be protecting them from me. I get to have the last say in what happens with them both." A hint of darkness flashed in his eyes.

"What are you going to do?" I asked nervously. I had seen what he did to Justin the last time and knew his plans wouldn't be good.

"You don't worry about it, Love. I will handle it how I see fit." He responded. "You just need to focus on your health and the baby."

"You're not going to kill them are you?" Justin and Ava deserved whatever punishment was coming, but I didn't want Damon to get his hands dirty dealing with them.

"No. That is the one instruction I was given by my father. Besides, the longer they live in shame the better." He answered.

"Okay. Good." I nodded.

"You're not going soft on them are you?" he raised an eyebrow as he questioned me.

"No!" I was quick to respond. I just didn't want any more trouble caused for Damon.

"I want you to remember one thing about this cruel world. When someone wrongs you have nothing but emptiness towards them. It's safer that way." His tone was dark as he spoke.