You Think Too Much

"Kay, I got your coffee!" Julie shouted as she entered Amethyst and came to the back room. She hurried over and handed the drink over to me.

"You're a lifesaver, I needed this." I took a sip of the iced caramel coffee.

We had until tonight to make sure the store was ready for it's opening tomorrow. We weren't making it a big deal but Damon did inform me some press would make their appearance. He offered to make the opening a huge event but I declined. I wanted to keep it small so I wouldn't feel as pressured and stressed.

The inventory had been put out beforehand while Damon had been away in Dallas so that was out of the way. The problem was I still needed to figure out which outfits to put on the mannequins and I needed the decorations to be placed perfectly. The past few days Damon had come in periodically and took a look at the store in person. He wanted to make sure there was nothing that had been tampered with.

"Are you excited?" Julie asked.

"Yes." I slightly smiled. "But I'm very nervous. I've never done this before and I worry about letting Damon down."

"Kay, I don't really know if it's possible for you to let him down. He wouldn't have you do this if he didn't think you could handle it. Relax." Julie reassured me.

I nodded and took a deep breath in, then let it out. "You're right. Have the staff arrived yet?"

Julie looked at the deep purple watch on her wrist. "I told them nine-thirty, they should be here anytime."

"Will you let me know when they get here?" I asked. "I want to finish this dress up to wear for the Tipton's event next week."

"Sure thing!" she smiled. "You're going to have to tell me about this event. I've only read stories online. It sounds like such an exciting thing!"

I let out a small chuckle. "Don't worry I'll tell you all about it of course."

"Is the devil bitch and her spawn going to be attending?" She was referring to Justin and Ava of course.

"Unfortunately, they are Martin's blood after all." I responded to her question. "But I'm not worried about them."

Julie went to the front of the store to watch for the staff members and I got back to work on my dress. I was working on a strapless black gown to match the black and white theme for the party. The dress's bottom was an A-line that went from my knees in the front and down to the floor in the back. The bust of the dress was like a corset and covered in sequins down to the waist. It was sexy but it was elegant.

I was so caught up with hand sewing the sequins I didn't notice another presence in the room. I was taken by surprise when two strong arms wrapped around my waist. "How's it coming Love?" Damon spoke lowly in my ear.

I couldn't help the small smile that crossed my lips. "So far so good."

I flipped the position in his arms to where we were face to face. His hands moved from the back of my waist and down to my ass. He pulled me against him and his lips met mine. My lips moved with his as he kissed me passionately.

"Kay, they're here." Julie entered the room again but stopped in her tracks. Her presence caused Damon to pull his lips from mine. "Sorry, I'll be out here when you're done." She blushed as she hurried out of the back room.

Damon smirked after she exited and he put his lips back on mine. His hand went to the hem of the skirt I was wearing and began to pull it up. He removed his lips but only to speak, "We can get a little naughty if we make it quick." His tone was quiet but filled with seduction.

I knew if I let him continue I wasn't making it out of this room without a sexual encounter. I pushed him away gently and I could see some disappointment in his eyes. "Not right now. The staff is here." I warned.

"Fine." He nodded.

I fixed my skirt quickly and headed out to the front of the store where Kira, Katie, Samantha, and Ivy were waiting for their instructions for the day. Julie was sitting on a stool behind the counter with the cash register.

"You didn't tell me what to have them do, so we waited for you." Julie spoke as I entered, Damon followed behind me.

I sighed, "I don't even know what to do."

"What do you mean?" Damon questioned as he walked around the store.

"I mean I have naked mannequins that I'm being way too picky on the clothing for. I have these decorations you had brought by that I don't even know where to begin with." I answered.

I watched his back as he continued to walk around, checking every detail he could. Once he was done he stopped in front of me. His icy blue eyes looked at me softly. "You know you think too much right?"

"I do not." I furrowed my brows at him.

"Julie, does she think too much?" He asked as his gaze was still on me.

"Yes." Julie answered.

"Here, I'll help you make an executive decision. You have six mannequins in your window with a few more in store and there are six of you right now. Your audience is in front of you Love. Instead of you worrying about all the mannequins, have everyone who's here right now dress one or two and then you don't need to stress about more than two yourself." Damon suggested. "As for the decorations, I wanted to give you options, throw them away if you don't want to worry about them."

I nodded in response. "Let's get to work then ladies."

The five women began to look around at the store to find the outfits of their choosing. I was waiting to worry about finding the clothes of my choice until after Damon left to go back to his office. As for the decorations I should probably use some but I wasn't going to let the massive box intimidate me.

"I won't be home until late tonight as I have things I need to do at the company. I want you to go home after this is finished and rest for the opening. Give these guys the morning off tomorrow and I need you at my office at nine in the morning. We have some last minute things to discuss." He gave me a kiss on the lips and then exited to the car waiting for him.