What Was Your Plan?

Damon and I had gotten dressed to meet Justin. He decided to skip the suit today. He went with a dark grey button up shirt and a pair of black pants. His hair he left in it's natural state. It may not be a suit but he still was dressed to impress if needed.

I threw my hair in a ponytail and exited the bedroom. I chose to go with a dark blue maxi dress that had long sleeves. "Are you ready?" I asked Damon.

"About as ready as I can get." He responded, the irritation still was in his voice. It had been there since Stacey came to tell him Justin wanted to meet him.

I wrapped my arms around his neck. "Don't let him ruin our day. We'll meet with him and then go on about our day."

Damon nodded. "Let's go get this over with."
We exited the penthouse and made our way downstairs. Once the elevator stopped at the ground floor we walked to the restaurant where Justin wanted to meet. Damon wrapped an arm around my waist and held me close to him. We approached Justin who was sitting in the back to not be bothered by anyone else.

"It's nice to see you two again. Sit down please." Justin greeted.

We took our seats across from Justin. "What do you want? There's no business here for you right now." Damon spoke with a cold tone.

"Straight to the point I see. Why'd you take my contract? You knew I needed that." Justin responded, he was trying to contain the rage that had built inside of him.

"Yes, but as your superior I didn't feel like you could morally handle coming to New York and handle such an important client." Damon answered.

"You want to talk about morals?" Justin chuckled. "That's rich coming from the man who stole my girlfriend and had the audacity to propose to her."

"Once again, it's not my fault you don't know how to properly take care of a woman. How was I supposed to trust that you could take care of a contract? I mean legally, without trading a woman for it." Damon's tone remained cold.

Justin's face had a flash of worry. He had been found out, but as always he was going to play it off. "What do you mean?"

"I know you had offered Kaydence to Mr. Benson. I also know that you didn't take that offer back once she was no longer involved with you. Which explains why you came pestering her and tried to get on her good side." Damon explained.

"I think you have it all wrong Uncle. I would never do that." Justin lied.

"Bull shit." Damon's tone went darker. "You wanted to try to win Kaydence back because this contract needed to be fulfilled. You couldn't keep your promise to Mr. Benson so what was your plan then?"

Justin sighed. He knew lying to Damon any further was no good. Damon had no trouble seeing through his act. "I was going to pay some random prostitute if I'm being honest." Justin glanced at me. "And if you had accepted my offer over the phone of coming back with me I would have done the same. I didn't value you when I should have and I wouldn't have made the same mistake twice."

Damon looked at me with a raised eyebrow. He didn't know that Justin had contacted me after the run in. I bit my lip and felt the anxiety pit in my stomach. He wouldn't say anything here but I knew we would be talking about this later. If he was upset enough he would punish me, like the last time I encountered Justin without consulting him.

"And like I told you the last time, I'm not interested. I'm happier with Damon than I ever could have been with you." I responded to Justin.

"Stop talking Kaydence. He doesn't deserve any of your words." Damon instructed and turned his attention back to Justin. "There will come a day where I'll have the proof needed to allow Martin to let me get rid of you"

"Proof of what?" Justin scoffed.

"Proof of how you really are. How none of your contracts have been signed because you're a good businessman. You may have Martin fooled that you're not the spoiled brat that you've always been, but your day will come when he finds out you're still the same and removes you from Tipton Enterprises." Damon looked coldly at Justin.

I didn't say anything as I had been instructed. All I could do was observe the two men going back and forth. It wasn't worth even trying to come to Damon's defense, he was capable of doing it himself. Also whatever conversation we had later would be that much worse if I defied him now.

"You have ways to go then. Everyone but you seems to think I can do no wrong right now. I may have slipped when I slapped Kaydence but I showed my remorse to them and all is fine. Victoria helps keep up the act as well, not that she knows her purpose is just to make me look good." Justin responded.

"Your parents are shallow and will always be fooled by you. Martin won't remain blind to your antics forever." Damon stated.

"Everything you have against me involves Kaydence." Justin looked me over. "And if she was so willing to help you get rid of me then she would have spoken up. But clearly she is still ashamed at the things she has done. I'm not worried. She'll never speak up. She doesn't have the courage"

"It doesn't matter. I can still take you down through business and make your life at work a living hell. Any contract that may give you a leg to stand on for the vice president seat I will come and sign right out from under you. Then I can have our deals no longer based on illegal activities." Damon's words were filled with confidence.

"You wouldn't!" Justin sneered.

"I think I proved that I could, or Mr. Benson wouldn't have signed with me." Damon stood up and I followed. "Now if you'll excuse me I have somewhere I need to take my fiancé." He emphasized the word fiancé as a way to jab at Justin.

"This isn't over." Justin spoke through clenched teeth.

"No Justin, I think it is." Damon held me by my waist, tighter than before was we turned away and began to walk out of the restaurant.

"I will make you pay for this Damon!" Justin shouted.

We exited the restaurant and entered the lobby. Damon led us out of the hotel and into the car. We sat there for a moment in a heavy silence. I didn't know what to say and I didn't know how mad he was. I should've told him about the phone call, I didn't want to fight with him again.

"Well, it seems like you have something you forgot to tell me." Damon finally spoke, but his tone was dark and had a hint of anger.