Don't Let Him Off Easily

Damon stayed with me another day, but then he left to go take care of business that he had put off. I assumed he was also figuring out what to do with Justin and Ava. I didn't ask any further questions about the two of them. Whatever answer he had I didn't think I wanted to know. He had nothing but anger towards them and intended to get even. It didn't matter if they were his own blood, he was determined to get revenge.

There was a knock on the hospital door. "Come in." I spoke, I figured it was a nurse coming to check in. I was surprised when it was Victoria that entered the room.

"Hey Kaydence." She smiled slightly. "I hope you don't mind me coming to pay you a visit." She seemed a little nervous that I would kick her out.

"Not at all. Have a seat." I gestured to one of the chairs in the room.

"How are you?" She asked as she sat down.

"I'm alright. How are you?" I looked her over and studied her face to see if I could pick up any more bruises.

"I'm good actually." She smiled sweetly. This was a whole new Victoria compared to the one I had known all these months. She seemed nicer and much more relaxed.

"Did you tell your parents about what Justin did to you?" I was curious to see how the people who had forced them together had handled the situation.

Her smile faded. "I did. And you know what they asked? They asked what I did to piss him off so bad. How fucked up is that?" I could see the hurt in her eyes. Parents were meant to protect their children, her's were just more concerned about money and business.

"I'm sorry Victoria." I spoke with sympathy.

"Speaking of parents, congratulations." She forced a smile again. "Martin shared the news with me. I hope that's okay."

"That's fine." I nodded. "So what are you going to do?"

"I don't know. I don't want my parents money after what they had to say. I'm going to start from scratch. It'll be hard but I'm sure I can do it." She looked hopeful but defeated at the same time.

I looked at her and saw a lot of myself in her. All she knew was her parents support, that wouldn't get her very far. I didn't have much experience in anything myself and that's what led me down the road of prostitution. I didn't want this girl to go down a similar path as I had.

"How would you like a job?" I asked.

She looked at me in surprise. "Are you sure? I'd hate to cause you anymore trouble."

"Yes. I'm sure." I responded. "Of course you'll just be a staff member of the store but it's something."

"Oh Kaydence, thank you!" Her defeat disappeared, she was nothing but hopeful now. "I won't let you down!"

"However," my tone was now stern. "If you call me a bitch or a whore, you're fired." I warned, only half joking. I was giving her a chance but if the old Victoria returned I would have no problem firing her.

"I swear on my life. Never again." She responded sincerely.

I gave her a slight smile, "Good. I look forward to it. I'll have you report to Julie on Monday if I'm not back."

She nodded in response. Before she could say anything else there was another knock on the door. "Come in." I hollered for the person to hear me.

This time it was Martin who had entered. He had only came to the hospital a handful of times but this was the first time seeing him since I was awake. He had been running things at the company while Damon stuck by my side. "Hello." He greeted with a smile.

Victoria looked between Martin and I. "I'll get out of your hair. I'll see you later Kaydence." She smiled as she got up. "It's nice to see you again sir." She spoke to Martin before exiting the room.

"She'll see you later huh?" Martin looked at me curiously.

"She decided to leave her family's money. I gave her a job so she didn't end up in a bad situation." I explained.

Martin nodded. "I never really got to know her until Justin brought her around. I just knew her parents. She seems like a good girl, just got herself into a bad situation. I don't think you'll end up regretting your decision."

"I hope not." I responded.

"How are you and the baby?" Martin asked with a smile as he sat down in a chair beside me.

I placed my hand on the small bulge of my stomach. "We're doing great." I gave him a smile of my own.

"And you and Damon?" He raised an eyebrow as he asked.

"I think we're going to be just fine. He apologized but is hell bent on making it up to me." I answered.

"Good. Don't let him off easily. He may have done it for your own good but he should've handled it better." Martin's tone was serious.

"Okay." I nodded. "I understand sir."

We visited for a while and he told me what Ava and Justin have been put through since the incident. Apparently after Damon started to go in on Justin they all went to Martin's house. Ava had hoped he changed his mind but that's when he informed them that Damon would be handling their punishments. Damon's first order of business was that he told Robert the truth about Justin not being his.

Robert was smart enough to use this opportunity to get away from Ava. He had always been timid and let her call the shots. It was his chance to have a backbone and get away from his toxic wife. He filed for divorce and went somewhere out of Tennessee to get away from everything.

Justin didn't handle it very well that his mother had lied to him. They began to start to fight with each other instead of being on the same side. They were living in confinement under surveillance until Damon had made the decision on what he wanted done. So far all he did was make sure the press didn't share the news about firing Justin, but that was to protect the company and Tipton name. That was all Martin knew anyway.

I finished visiting with Martin and he began to get up from the chair. "Kaydence come see me when you're out of the hospital. There's another thing I'd like to go over but only when you're well. It needs to be one on one as well, no Damon."

"Okay." I nodded but all he did was make me curious. I wanted to know what he wanted to discuss but I knew he wouldn't tell me until I was out of here. It had to be something big.