Well, I Don't Miss You

Damon had returned to the office and was getting the paperwork together to get the store named officially. I decided that I would take sometime to myself and work on some sketches for designs. I needed to get back to making this a bigger priority since Damon had gone out of his way for me.

I decided to get a coffee before doing any work. Cody’s job was now to keep eyes on me at all times since people knew I was Damon’s fiancé. He was worried about anyone bugging me too much or someone trying to attack me. I suspect it also had to do with the interaction with Justin.

He didn’t want Justin to go near me after everything that has happened. I understood though. Justin was up to no good and he was trying to use me to play his game. I thought after the break up he would leave me alone but that was not the case. I even thought with Victoria around I would no longer be a concern.

He wanted to try to make amends to use me against Damon. I wouldn’t allow it. Damon has done so much for me in almost two months. I refuse to throw it away because of Justin. I was finally happy and I wasn’t going to let him get in the way of it. No matter what.

I got my coffee and decided I wanted to go sit in the park. It was away from everyone and I could freely think. The fall weather was warm today so it was perfect. I directed Cody to drive me and he agreed he would watch from afar. I told him if he hovered it would make me self conscious about my drawings, which wasn’t a lie. I did my best work by myself.

We pulled up to the park and I got out of the car. I headed for the nearest unoccupied picnic table. Cody stayed in the car and watched me from there. If anyone approached that wasn’t familiar he would come to check in. It was the agreement he and I came up with. Damon was reluctant and wanted him to be close at all times but after pleading my case for privacy he finally agreed.

I opened my sketch book on the table and my colored pencils. Damon had made sure to get me better supplies. What I had was just fine for me but he wanted me to have the best. I threw my hair up into a ponytail and began to go to work.

I wanted to design a few dresses first. I started sketching a strapless elegant gown with a slit going up to a thigh. I colored in the dress with a peach color. I used a light orange to color in where I would have beads embroidered on the bust. Once satisfied with this one I began to sketch out another one.

This one would be black and much sexier, but still elegant. I drew black spaghetti straps and drew some straps that made an x beginning from the shoulder straps down to the fabric that covered the bust. On the bust it would be lace, from the waist down to the upper thigh it would be regular black fabric to cover the intimate areas. On top of that where the black fabric met the lace there would be the start of a sheer fabric that went to the ground. I made the sheer fabric have slits on both sides.

I decided it was time to work on practical outfits. These would probably be what sold the most and I needed to have a good amount. Before I could start though my phone began to ring. I took it out of my bag and noticed the familiar number. It was Justin.

I rolled my eyes and answered the call. “Hello.” I spoke with annoyance.

“Kaydence I was hoping we could chat for a moment.” He responded.

“What do you want now?” I kept the annoyance in my tone.

“Can we meet up somewhere?” he asked.

“No Justin. And Damon would be pissed if he knew you even called me.” I stated.

“Okay. Just hear me out then please.” He pleaded.

“Fine Justin. What do you want?” I asked once more.

“I miss you Kaydence. I see you now and you’re so different. It should be me who’s providing and helping you reach your dreams. I am so sorry for what I’ve done to you.” He began.

“Well, I don’t miss you.” I shot back with a cold tone.

“I deserve that. It’s true when they say you don’t know what you have until it’s gone. It’s not too late to change your mind and come back to me.” He continued.

He had some balls. If Damon knew this conversation he would probably have killed him by now. I couldn’t believe the words coming out of his mouth. They did seem slightly genuine but I didn’t care. He was wrong, it was way too late to go back.

“Aren’t you with Victoria? I assume she’d be very upset about this conversation.” I was thinking bringing her up would make him drop this, but it didn’t.

“I can leave her. She’s nothing.” He responded. “I’ve seen how you’ve blossomed under my uncle’s care and I feel like now we would have a good chance of being happy. It doesn’t hurt to try, I can give you everything you want.”

“I already have everything I want Justin. I’m not interested in this and I’m not interested in you. You’re a narcissistic asshole and this is just a ploy to screw with Damon.” My tone was stern.

“If you come back to me I will leave Damon be. I won’t try to mess with him and take his position any longer.” Justin offered.

It was as if he thought the offer would actually make me consider. I knew Damon could handle himself. I knew he could also destroy Justin in time. His offer was pointless and he was being pretty pathetic right now. Damon was right, the jealousy was real.

“No. Leave us alone Justin.” My words were cold.

“Fine you bitch. I tried being nice and you just can’t accept it.” He went from pleading for me to take him back to angry at the rejection. “This isn’t over. I will knock Damon down from his position. You’ll see.”

“Great. I can’t wait.” I responded with the same cold tone I had kept for most of this conversation.

Justin’s response was to hang up out of anger.

I was satisfied I had rejected him. He was mad though which would only provide him motivation to try to bring Damon down. Maybe Damon was right. I was eventually going to have to be open with Martin. But it was going to take awhile for me to find the words and courage to do so.