What's He Like?

I got back into the car and dialed Martin's number. I waited patiently for him to pick up the phone. After a couple rings I finally heard his voice. "Hello Kaydence, how did it go?"

"It went well, it took a minute for him to warm up to me but he's definitely a talker when he gets going." I answered.

"Does he know anything about Damon?" He asked.

"Yes." I paused for a moment. "He doesn't seem to know who his dad is but he knows that there's an association with Tipton Enterprises."

"Where do you think we should go from here?" Martin wanted to know my ideas.

"I don't know. Talking to him more he doesn't want to meet his dad." I sighed as I told Martin what Sterling had said.

"Why not?" I could hear Martin was slightly disappointed.

"Because as far as he knows, his dad is close but chooses not to see him. So he doesn't want to see him either." I explained.

Martin was quiet for a moment. "This might end up taking more time than I had expected. Are you able to keep visiting with him for the time being?"

"Yes, I was actually going to come back tomorrow." I answered.

"Good. Kaydence, what's he like?" Martin asked.

"He seems very smart. He really likes cars and it seems his favorite color of car is green. I didn't get much more information than that." I responded. "He seems like a very sweet boy."

"Good. Did anyone at the orphanage ask any questions?" his voice had a curious tone to it. I knew he didn't want word to get out before Damon had the chance to meet Sterling.

"Apparently the staff suspect his father is Damon. They've gossiped about it before and that's how Sterling knows where Damon works. The director also questioned me for a moment and made the observation about me being engaged to Damon." I knew it was crucial he knew so that he could help keep the staff from going to any media.

"I will handle it and make sure that no one says anything about it further. This has now become a private matter for our family." I could sense the seriousness in his tone.

"That would probably be best." I agreed. "I will try over the next few days to see if I can get Sterling willing to meet with you at the least."

"I would like that Kaydence. After everything with Justin and Ava I'm glad that you're still here with our family." I could tell his words were sincere. "At least I have a daughter in law who has a kind heart."

"Thank you." I accepted his compliment. "I have to get off the phone soon. I'm almost back to work."

"Understood. Thank you Kaydence." He responded.

"It's my pleasure." I spoke once more before hanging up the phone.

The car finally stopped in front of Amethyst. "Thank you Theo." I smiled as I got out of the car and headed inside.

"Welcome back, that was a long lunch." Julie greeted me as I walked in.

"I know, I'm sorry. Martin had me run and errand for him." I explained.

She chuckled slightly. "You're the boss, no need to explain anything to me. I'm just here to assist and make sure you're taking it easy per your knight in shining armor's orders."

"I am. I promise." I rolled my eyes.

"Are you sure? Cause I have to report back to him a little later." Julie thought she would be funny and attempt to tease me.

"Julie, I swear if you tell him for whatever reason that I'm not taking it easy I'll get a live in midwife for you too." I threatened in response to her joke.

"Wait? He seriously suggested that?" She looked baffled at the thought of it.

"Yes. So as my best friend, please be on my side here. Because I fear if he gets overbearing again I may kill him." I answered.

"You got it boss." She nodded.

"Hey Kaydence." Victoria greeted as she finished sweeping the floor of the shop.

Julie was really wanting to test how much Victoria was willing to do for this job. She pretty much had her doing all the janitorial work for the store. It was the worst and all of us dreaded doing it. I was slightly surprised that Victoria hadn't protested once.

"Hey. The store is looking great. Thank you." I smiled at her.

"No problem. It's what I'm getting paid for." She responded.

"Any change with the situation with your parents?" I asked Victoria. I didn't know if they maybe had come to their senses from the last time I had a conversation with her.

"No." She frowned and then perked back up. "That's okay though, I'm doing just fine."

"Well good. I'm glad you're doing good." I gave her another slight smile. "I'm going to be in the back. I have a dress I'm working on for a customer that I need to get started." I spoke as I headed for the door.

"Sounds good." Julie answered.

I shut the door of the backroom behind me. After my return a customer came in to request a wedding dress. I had worked on various elegant dresses since being given the opportunity, but this was my first wedding dress. I was up for the challenge though.

I had the bride sketch out her vision for me to look over. Then I had her come in for the measurements, all I needed to do was get it together. I messed with the fabric in my hands and pinned where I would need to sew it. Once I had the dress itself together I could work on the accents the bride wanted.

Starting the process of this dress made me excited. I hoped soon that I would be able to work on my own dress. The disadvantage I had though was I had a baby bump to work around. I kind of hoped Damon would be okay with waiting until the baby was here before we got married. I had a vision of the dress I wanted and it definitely wasn't a dress I wanted to wear while I was pregnant.

When I thought of our little family I had this vision of the three of us. I didn't expect there to be a fourth addition so soon. I felt sorry for Damon for missing out on so much of Sterling's life already. I also felt bad Sterling thought his father didn't want him.

I felt my determination grow as I thought of them both. I needed to get them together. I needed to make sure Sterling was brought home with us. It would be easy as long as he wasn't as stubborn as his father. I still had to get to know him better to gauge his personality.

I was beginning to feel excited about giving him another visit. The sooner I was able to get him to want to meet Damon the better. Then I wouldn't have to feel bad for not telling Damon right away about his son. It was all getting Sterling willing to meet the man he thought had abandoned him.