An Online Shop

"What do you mean by expand?" I was trying to process what he had just said.

"The store has been a success Love." He answered. "Successful enough to branch out to reach more customers. This time with more investors than just myself."

"Damon, how am I supposed to do this when I'm supposed to get prepared for when the baby comes. This is a lot being thrown at me out of nowhere." I was apprehensive about this. If I had been prepared I would be thrilled, but this seemed like bad timing.

"I'm more than aware of that Love. That's why we'll be expanding to an online shop. Your clothing can reach a much wider audience. And if that does well enough when you're ready we can begin to set up multiple locations." He explained. "Today you're just meeting with investors. They'll give us more backing to put into the site and ads."

I took a deep breath and let it out. "I wish you would've told me so we could've talked about this."

His hand caressed my cheek. "I've thought it through. I'm your main investor and the rest will listen to me. We'll take our time getting this ready so you're not overwhelmed."

"Why is this coming on so sudden?" I studied his face as I waited for him to answer my question.

"Because you deserve it." He answered. But I could tell in his eyes there was more than that.

"And?" I pressed for the information he was hiding.

"And because watching Amethyst grow more and more successful will make watching Bushemp Industries crumble that much sweeter." He confessed.

I nodded in response. I liked his idea. Plus it was an online expansion, I could handle that while pregnant. "How does it work for me to have an online shop? I work mainly from inside of the store."

"You'll remain working out of the store. We'll have a team that will help make sure the online site runs smoothly and they'll report back to you weekly.." His icy blue eyes looked at me intently. "This is the next step for you. I love you and I know you can do this. Hell if you don't like it you can step back and I'll take over."

I let out a low sigh. "Okay. But I would appreciate it if I didn't keep finding out about these damn meetings right before they happen."

"Understood. I'll fix it." he nodded. "I'll let you know before I set anymore up in the future."

"What do I need to be prepared for this?" I asked.

"I had some of the inventory brought in. You just need to show off your work and answer the questions the investors have for you. There's only two of them right now so it shouldn't be too difficult." He answered. "Plus the two of them are pretty laid back so don't stress about it too much."

"Okay, how do you want me to show them off?" If he was going to ambush me into this meeting then I was going to make him help me out.

"You have an assistant here with you don't you?" He raised an eyebrow. I could sense he was up to something.

"Well yes." I nodded.

"Then put her in the clothes. The Investors just want to see your work and it'll be much better if they're modeled rather than on hangers." he directed. He looked at his watch and then back to me. "The clothes are in a room on the floor below us next to the conference room. Get her changed and I'll meet you down there."

"Okay." I sighed and followed him out of the office.

He strode for the elevator and Stacey was right behind him. My eyes fell on Victoria who was sitting on the couch patiently waiting for my return. I gave her a smile. "You have a new task for this meeting."

"What is it?" She looked slightly concerned.

"Come on." I made my way to the elevator and she quickly followed behind me.

"What am I doing Kaydence?" She asked again.

"You'll see." The elevator opened and Stacey was standing by a door, I assumed it was the door that held my clothes behind it.

"Right here." She smiled as we approached. She then turned and hurried into the meeting room with Damon and the others.

Victoria followed me into the room and I shut the door. "You're going to be my model." I finally answered her question.

"What?" her jaw almost dropped to the floor. "I'm no model Kaydence."

"But from our past I know you're a damn good actress. Act like a model Victoria." I ordered.

She reluctantly gave in. "Okay."

"Great. Looks like there's about six outfits here. Choose one and put it on. I'm going to go greet the investors and I'll come get you when they're ready to see the clothing." I directed before exiting the room.

I walked into the room where Damon sat with a man and a woman. "Kaydence, this is Mr. Carrigan and Mrs. Allen." Damon introduced the two strangers. They both looked around Damon's age.

"It's nice to meet you." I smiled.

The meeting proceeded to start from there. They asked questions like how far I could see Amethyst going. In all honesty the response has been amazing so the way I saw it this could go pretty far, that's exactly what I told them too. They asked more questions about the success and numbers of the company. There was occasionally a question that I was stuck on but Damon helped answer it the best we could.

Then it was time to see the outfits that had been put together. I brought Victoria in and out to model each of them. She seemed to pull them off effortlessly. She could even be a model if she really wanted to. The way she carried herself into the room and showed it off made the investors eyes remain glued to her. I knew she could do this.

"Well, it looks like the designs are great and the company has been taken care of pretty well." Mr. Carrigan acknowledged.

"I agree. I think an online shop will definitely take it a step further. It would be a stupid idea to not get in on this." Mrs. Allen spoke and gave me a smile. "You have my backing.

"Mine as well." Mr. Carrigan agreed.

"Thank you so much! You won't regret this!" I could feel the excitement build within myself. This was only the beginning for Amethyst to get bigger.