She's Pregnant?

"Where the fuck is the doctor? Why hasn't she woken up yet?" I could hear Damon's voice in the room.

"Calm down son, they'll tell us when they have something." Martin spoke, trying to be reassuring.

I couldn't see anything with my eyes as they wouldn't open. I couldn't move and even trying to speak was impossible. From paying attention to everything I could hear I knew I was taken here after the car accident. It seemed my body was unconscious but I could hear everything.

The door to the hospital room opened and then it closed. "Mr. Tipton I'm sorry to keep you waiting." A male voice spoke. "It seems your fiancé is in a comatose state. I've checked in on everything and physically she is fine and the baby is doing well. It's just playing the waiting game on her waking up."

"Baby?" Damon asked in confusion. "What baby?"

"Yes, I've got it down that Ms. Bush is a little over eleven weeks pregnant." The doctor responded.

"Okay, give us a moment please." Damon nicely ordered for the doctor to leave.

"Very well, let us know if you need anything or have any further questions." The doctor responded. Then I heard the door open and close again.

"She's pregnant? Why didn't she tell me?" I could hear Damon ask himself.

"She tried Damon." Martin's voice answered for him.

"You knew?" there was irritation in Damon's voice.

"Yes I knew. She told me when she came and told me about everything Justin had been up to." Martin explained.

"So now you're keeping things from me!" Damon accused Martin.

"Don't you start with me!" Martin warned. I heard the room door open quietly but the two men didn't pick up on it. "She went to your office to tell you but you turned her away! Then she and I agreed it was best if it didn't get around because Justin might use the baby and she didn't want that to happen!" Martin continued on.

"I turned her away for her own good!" Damon responded. "I was tired of her being mixed in the middle of battle between Justin and I. I wanted to settle it man to man. At first I was pissed about the recording but after thinking it over I knew there was more to the story that Justin had left out. But I saw it as an opportunity to give her a break from this mess, I thought if Justin knew we weren't on good terms that he would leave her out of it. I just wanted to buy some time while I dealt with the situation." I could hear the regret in his voice.

"She's pregnant?" I heard Justin's voice ask. He must be the one who opened the door.

"You." Damon spoke in a cold tone. "I should fucking kill you right now!"

"Not here." Martin warned the men in a stern tone.

Damon sighed. "Fine. But he's fair game when he walks out of those fucking doors."

"Damon, look I'm sorry." Justin attempted to get forgiveness.

"Sorry? You're sorry that you took my fiancé and could've killed her along with my child?! Your apology doesn't mean shit to me! Watch your fucking back because if anything happens to her or my child I will come for you!" Damon's tone was dark as he meant the threat he made.

"Enough!" Martin spoke again to silence the room. "Clearly we cannot have a civil conversation. Just because she isn't awake doesn't mean she can't hear you. Let's go outside if you want to go at each other." Martin ordered.

I heard their footsteps exit the room and the door remained open. They must've decided to leave the hospital completely to have their conversation. I wasn't able to see what had gone on but I could tell there was tension when they were all in the room.

I couldn't blame Damon for how he felt. A lot had been put at stake by Justin's careless actions. If I hadn't been in this comatose state I would've probably wanted to kill Justin myself. He had put too much at risk and now Damon was finding out about the pregnancy in the worst way.

I knew it had hit a sore spot for Damon as well. He had lost a child prior to a car accident and now it was like he was in the same position all over again. The horror of once again being in that situation had to be taking a toll on him. Damon didn't show much emotion but I knew he probably wasn't handling this the best. I wanted to just open my eyes and let him know I was fine.

I lost track of time as my brain went in and out of consciousness. It felt like this was taking forever, there was no way a day or two hadn't passed yet. The most entertainment I had was listening to the footsteps that came and went, mainly from the nurses and the doctor. Even my mother had come to stop by for a visit. What a strange twist of events that she was the one visiting me in the hospital now.

Martin had been in a couple times now to check in on Damon. Damon refused to leave me for too long. The only time he left the room was when he needed to take a call to get himself something to eat. He seemed prepared to stay here until I finally was awake.

Damon was currently sitting next to me in a chair I had heard him pull up. I could feel his grasp on my hand but I couldn't move still. I was able to feel things I discovered, I just couldn't respond back right now. The doctor explained to Damon that my body had gone into shock and this was how it was dealing with the accident. Everything remained okay with the baby though and that's what mattered most.

"I need you to wake up Love." Damon whispered. I was surprised by his words. He didn't talk much, only touched me. I understood though, I would feel weird talking to someone unresponsive. No one but myself really knew if I could hear or not.

"I love you Kaydence, I'm so sorry." Damon spoke once more. It sounded like he was getting choked up. Something Damon never did. "I need you to wake up so we can be a family. I need to give you and this baby everything you deserve."

I felt myself fall out of consciousness again. I could dream when I was asleep, but that was about as close as normal I got. My brain seemed to consistently let me dream about Damon and I. I dreamed about our baby, a daughter. She had his eyes and my hair. And the best part was we were happy.

I felt my consciousness come back to me. My eyes opened to reveal I was indeed in a hospital room. I glanced at my hand as I picked it up to pinch my arm, I was relieved to notice I wasn't dreaming. I looked around and noticed Damon still sitting in a chair next to me. The stubble on his face confirmed it had indeed been days.

"Handsome," I spoke to get his attention. He looked relieved and surprised at the same time. I continued on with my sentence, "you look like shit." I smiled slightly.