We Need To Prepare

We had landed and gotten off the jet. We were in a car headed to the hotel where we would be staying. To say I was on edge was an understatement. I couldn't believe we had both been so careless. I was debating on bringing up to Damon the mistake.

If we had been together longer and actually married it wouldn't be a big deal. I knew I wasn't ready for a baby. I had been on birth control before moving in with Damon but I had forgotten to have them filled with everything that was going on. Not only that but we made sure to be protected so it didn't seem like a big deal. Now it was coming to bite me in the ass.

I couldn't take one of the emergency contraceptive pills either. I was allergic to one of the ingredients in them and it would be risky. I learned the reaction once when I was in high school and had to take one. It made me break out in hives and almost closed up my throat completely.

"Are you okay?" Damon asked after noticing my silence.

I didn't want to stress him out. This contract was important for him to get. I was also probably overreacting anyway. It's not like I was magically carrying a baby, it takes weeks to find out. I'll bring it up to him later when the contract has been taken care of and he's relaxed. We can deal with this together.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I gave him a slight smile.

His hand gripped my thigh. "Okay."

We approached one of the hotels that Tipton Enterprise owned. It was a tall skyscraper, like most buildings in New York. We got out of the car and made our way inside. We were greeted by the hotel manager.

"Mr. Tipton it's nice to see you again!" The man had short black hair and looked about Damon's age.

"Hello Mr. Scott, show us where we'll be staying please." Damon spoke.

Being around him so much I noticed how different his demeanor was. He didn't show much emotion in his face when he was working, unless it was anger or being stern. That only seemed to happen when something didn't go his way. At home his face was a little softer, he was still sometimes hard to read but it wasn't impossible. He oozed confidence at work and with me, but alone I have seen him be vulnerable.

We followed Mr. Scott to the elevator and he pushed a button a floor down from the top of the floor. After the elevator had ascended to the destination the doors opened and we stepped out. "Stay here sir, I'll show your secretary to her room and then I'll take you to yours." Mr. Scott spoke.

Damon nodded in response.

Stacey followed Mr. Scott down the hall and around the corner. I looked around at the hotel. The only time I had been in such a nice place was when Justin sent me to his clients. The walls were a tan and the carpet was a dark color. The trimming around the doors and the plaques for the room numbers were in gold.

Mr. Scott returned in a hurry and opened the elevator once more. He pressed the button for the top floor. The elevator went up again and dinged once it stopped. We stepped into the hall and Damon took a key out of his pocket to unlock the only door in here. From experience with Justin, this was a penthouse.

Damon opened the door and we entered the room. "Has the women's clothing arrived?" Damon asked Mr. Scott.

"Yes sir. We had them put into the closet. We also had the cleaning staff make sure everything was ready for you." Mr. Scott answered.

"Thank you, that will be all." Damon dismissed Mr. Scott who ran off without another word.

The penthouse was much more vibrant than the jet and Damon's mansion. The walls were white and the floor was a grey stained hardwood. The furniture was a mix between a light grey and whites. I looked in awe at how spacious this was. I had lived in Justin's penthouse which seemed impressive at the time but this one was on a whole different level.

"There are penthouses in all of the hotels we own. Being the president of Tipton Enterprises has it's perks. No one else can come into these without my clearance. Well except my father." Damon spoke. "Let me show you around."
I followed behind him as he walked. It was a very open floor plan, the kitchen was visible from the living room so there was no need to explore those. Damon showed me the dining room which was surrounded with windows to showcase the view of the city. We continued on and he showed me where our room was.

The bed was massive and looked so comfortable with the white silk sheets. There was a door that led to our own bathroom that had a bathtub and a walk in shower. There was a fireplace across from the bed with a television above it. What caught my eye was the doors that led outside to our own private area on the roof.

I walked outside where there were a few chairs spread out but there was a hot tub as well. The view of the city was amazing from up here. It made me nervous though. I wasn't exactly thrilled with heights, so I didn't even want to think about how high up we were.

"Do you like it?" Damon asked.

"It's beautiful." I turned and answered him.

He gave me a slight smile. "Not as beautiful as you. I want you to relax now though. We need to prepare for our dinner tonight."

"What dinner?" I asked.

"With the client. We're meeting with him tonight. Justin is supposed to be sent out here in the next day or two. I need that contract signed tonight." I could see how serious this was by the look in his eyes.

I nodded. "Okay. I'll go lay down or something." I responded as I started to head back inside of the penthouse.

I had thought for a moment outside to tell Damon my concern about our earlier activities. I changed my mind though when the client was brought up. He was more focused on that than anything. That's what we were here for though. Now was not the time to stress him out even more.

My thoughts were filled with two things. How to bring up to Damon later that we had been careless and how was Justin going to react to his contract stolen? Granted it was still up in the air but Damon was confident he could get the client to sign. Justin would be pissed when he found out Damon took away what sealed the deal for his promotion.

He had sent a random man to take me home, what else would he do to try to ruin this for Damon and I?