Amethyst Online

The next few days came and went quickly. Theo was driving Julie and I to Tipton Enterprises. We were launching the site today and Damon wanted me to be there with him when it went live. He wanted me there so he could support me and so I could see firsthand how things worked with the launch.

He stopped the car at the front doors and we got out of it. Julie followed behind me as I worked my way through the lobby and then to the elevator. At this point I no longer had to check in with the receptionist downstairs as I had before when I was with Justin. Damon made sure his door would always to be opened for me.

"Are you excited?" Julie asked as we waited for the elevator to make it to the top floor.

"Yes, but I'm also nervous. Having multiple investors kind of puts the heat on for this to be a success." I answered.

"You'll be fine. The store has done amazing and the site will be just as great." She smiled as she tried to reassure me.

"How's schooling going?" I asked. She hadn't brought it up since she had been hired on as my assistant. I loved Julie but catering to me couldn't be what she wanted to do for the rest of her life.

"It's going great." She answered with excitement in her voice. "I'm on track for graduation by the end of May."

"That's good." I smiled.

The elevator opened up and we stepped outside of it. Julie followed me once more as I made my way to Damon's office. "Good morning." Stacey greeted. "Mr. Tipton would like to see you in private."

"Okay." I nodded and headed for the doors as Julie went to take a seat.

"There's my beautiful wife." Damon smiled charmingly. "How are you this morning?"

"Good." I answered. "How's my handsome husband?"

"I'm doing decently. Just working on a couple contracts." he responded.

"Well aren't you just a busy man then." I teased.

"Yes." He chuckled. His cellphone began to ring. He picked it up from his desk and looked to see who was calling. "Give me a moment and then we'll head into the conference room for the launch."

"Okay." I nodded.

"Hello." he spoke calmly to the other person on the phone. "It's that serious? Okay. I have something I'm doing right now but I'll get it worked out once I'm done. Give me a few hours and I'll call you back." He hung up the phone.

"What's wrong?" I asked once he placed the phone back on his desk.

"Nothing." he looked up at me as if nothing was wrong. "Nothing you need to worry about right now Love. We can discuss it a little later after the launch. This is your moment and I won't be letting any of my business ruin that."

"Alright then. We should probably work on getting into the conference room if that's where you intend to do this." I suggested. I knew it was about time we got everything up and going.

"Yes we should." He stood up from his desk and walked towards the door.

He held my hand in his as I walked beside him. We exited the doors of his office and I motioned for Julie to follow. Stacey seemed to be tagging along as well. The four of us got into the elevator and waited for it to go to the floor below us. It only took a matter of seconds for it to reach it's descent.

Damon led the way with me by his side to the conference room. We walked inside where there were already a couple people in the room. Damon and I took seats at the head of the table.

"Kaydence, this is Brett West. He helped create the designs for the website that I had you choose from." Damon introduced one of the people in the room.

"It's nice to meet you." I smiled. When it was time to choose the design Damon brought them to me himself. This was my first time meeting Mr. West.

"And this is Mrs. Leon, she's in charge of the social media part." Damon introduced a woman sitting at the table.

"Awesome, it's great to meet you." I smiled at her as well.

"Are we about ready to launch?" Damon asked Mr. West,

"Yes." Mr. West nodded. "We're ready whenever you are."

I took a deep breath in and then let it out. When we announced publicly about an online store the media hyped it up. In return that made a lot of people excited for the website launch. I couldn't believe the response that had been given. It wasn't just because I was Mrs. Tipton either. People seemed to generally be interested in the things I could make. I just hoped that the excitement remained and that no one was let down when it launched.

To help with the excitement Damon thought it might be wise to have a sale on inventory that needed to go. He even had me pick some things I had worked on to be produced as online exclusives. His ideas worked as people kept putting on social media that they were standing by for the launch.

"It's time Kaydence, ready?" Damon asked, looking at me.

"Yes." I nodded. "Let's do this."

With a click of a button from Mr. West Amethyst online was officially launched. Mrs. Leon sent the social media posts out and we watched as the numbers started coming in from purchases. It seemed almost instantly that things were being bought up. It was insane to see how it all worked from behind the scenes.

We sat in the conference room for an hour longer. Watching how everything was working out and discussing the site. Once Damon was satisfied he had me return to his office with him. "How are you feeling about it?" Damon asked once we were alone again.

"Great." I smiled.

"Good." He placed a kiss gently on my cheek. "I knew it would go well. Now that's done I need to talk to you." He sat down at his desk.

I took a seat in front of him. "What's going on?"

"I have to leave for maybe a day or two." He answered.

"When?" I questioned.

"Immediately." He sighed.

"Why? What's wrong?" I was slightly confused by his sudden need to depart.

"It's Ava." he sighed once more. "I need to go deal with her. I've been informed that after everything her mind has finally broken."