I Need To Start From The Beginning

I walked up the steps to the door of the mansion. I was glad Martin agreed to see me right away. I needed to get this to him before Justin had the opportunity to find out what Victoria did. I was nervous but I needed to get this done and over with. The sooner Justin was removed from the situation the better. Then maybe Damon and I could mend things between us.

I knocked on the door and waited for an answer. Davis opened the door. "Welcome Ms. Bush. Mr. Tipton is in the living room waiting for you."

I stepped inside of the home. "Thank you."

I walked to the familiar living room where Martin sat in his chair. "Welcome." he greeted but I could tell he was far from enthusiastic about my presence.

"Hello Sir." I took a seat on the chair next to his. There was a small table in between the two.

"What did you want to see me about?" He asked. His tone was not as warm as normal.

"I know the issues going on between you and Damon and I wanted to come and clarify how this has gotten to this point." I bit my lip nervously. "My relationship with Justin wasn't like you thought it was."

My words had clearly caught his attention. "What do you mean?"

"I need to start from the beginning." I took a deep breath in and then out. "When I found out my mother was sick I came back from Chicago to take care of her. She ended up hospitalized and I needed to pay the bills. I tried getting a job but my only experience was fashion design from my internship and no one would hire me. I was desperate as the first payment was due so I ended up resorting to selling myself for money." I looked down in shame as I didn't want to know what kind of glance he was going to give me.

"I know." He responded softly. His words took me by surprise.

"Who told you? Was it Justin?" I asked.

"No." he chuckled slightly. "Kaydence, I do extensive background checks on the people who get involved with my family. I knew about the prostitution before you stepped foot in my house for the first time. But I learned from the situation with Damon that I needed to be more open to giving chances before I judge." he explained.

"I see." I felt a slight relief and as if a weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

"You were a sweet girl and it came off as if you were doing what you needed to care for your mother. I was just happy Justin got to you and was able to help get you off of the street. It seemed like for once he cared about someone other than himself." He gave a low sigh. "Honestly I don't care about the prostitution, I'm more hurt to learn that the relationship between you and Damon was just to hurt Justin."

"It's not like that sir. I promise. Let me explain further." I wanted to make sure I had his attention before I got more into the story.

"Go on." he nodded.

"Justin came by the spot one day and picked me up. Then he offered to take me off the street if I became his girlfriend. The offer seemed so good that it was hard to turn down. We had a good two weeks before he changed from being sweet into being so manipulative. It happened so quickly." I gave the details of how I had been mixed up with Justin.

He nodded once more and kept on listening.

"The relationship between Justin and I was never really good. He wanted to use me to impress you and get you to give him the company. He started bringing in random women to sleep with and used me as a trade with clients to get his contracts. In return he made sure my mother's bills were paid. I have the proof of this as well. He also was beginning to get physical by pulling my hair and that slap when we left here that one day was my last straw." I explained.

Martin was deep in thought for a moment. "Show me the proof."

I pulled the flash drive from my purse. "It's on this."

"Davis, bring my computer." Martin hollered.

Davis hurried in with a laptop and placed it on the table between Martin and I. I handed Martin the flash drive and he plugged it in. I watched him as he looked everything over. He watched the video first and began reading through the screen shotted emails. His expression when he was concentrated was just like Damon's.

He closed the laptop and looked at me with a sorrow in his eyes. "I should've known something wasn't right. You changed very quickly and seemed to be on guard. Kaydence, I'm sorry I failed you with him.".

"It's not your fault. I should've spoken up." I had myself to blame, I let my pride get in the way and Martin already knew the shameful part.

"And what about you and Damon?" Martin asked, he already must have an idea that there was a lot more to this story.

"After the breakup with Justin I went back to the street. Damon picked me up to talk and I explained my situation. A couple days later he picked me up and took me home with him. He gave me the money for my mom's medication and when I went to pay he had gone so far as to put a massive down payment on her care. I went to talk to him and that's when he brought up me being his and he would make sure my mom would get the best care. It did start as a way for him to mess with Justin but it's not that way now." I explained more.

Martin's eyes watched me intently as they waited for more information.

"Our feelings started to grow, Martin we do actually love each other and the engagement is real. That's why Justin and Ava tried to break us up with the picture and Ava sent that guard to attack me. Now Justin drugged me at the event and took a recording of my words, but he didn't give you the whole thing." I continued on.

I could see some rage on his face. "Both of them were in on this?" he asked.

"Yes." I answered. "Sir, when I admitted to Justin why Damon and I got together I told him that the way I felt for Damon I never felt for him. That set him off and he tried to attack me himself, but Victoria came in and stopped him. She's the one who gave me the flash drive, he's hurting her now. She was too afraid to come to you herself."

"I see." He responded quietly.

"There's another thing, I found out that I'm pregnant but I'm worried if Justin finds out then he'll use it against Damon." I watched his face light up in surprise at my words, then he got serious again.

"I'll take care of this, but I want to see if he is willing to continue to lie to me or if he's going to be open to telling the truth." Martin pulled his cell phone out of his pocket.

"What are you going to do Sir?" I asked.

"We're going to give him a call." Martin dialed in Justin's number and set the device between us on speaker phone.