The New CEO Of Tipton Enterprises

I put on a light pink off shoulder gown that flowed from the middle of my abdomen down to the floor. Martin had sent the dress for me to wear tonight as we agreed we didn't want to risk anything. I wasn't showing too much with the pregnancy but I was petite enough that something tight may raise suspicions. I curled my hair as I normally did and finished with a pink and silver eyeshadow.

There was a knock on the door. "Kaydence, Mr. Tipton is waiting for you in the car."

"I'll be right there." I responded. I grabbed my purse and hurried down the stairs.

I walked out of the house and got into the back of the car beside Damon. He had his hair slicked back and trimmed the stubble on his face down slightly. He wore a dark grey suit and a tie that matched my dress. I assume Martin had something to do with that.

Damon didn't say anything as he had Cody drive us to the venue of the party Martin had planned. He only scrolled on his phone as I looked out of the window. The silence was thick and tense. It was clear he was still blaming me for the situation that had unfolded.

"How's work?" I tried to break the tension and maybe strike up a conversation.

"Fine." He responded shortly. His eyes remained on the phone for the rest of the ride.

I sighed to myself. I hoped Martin's plan would work because I don't know how much longer I could go with Damon being like this. I wanted us to be back how we were before. I missed him so much and even in the car he felt so distant.

We arrived at our destination and got out of the car. Damon grabbed my hand as we made it to the entrance. He didn't hold my hand because he wanted to, he did it for show. There were paparazzi by the entrance and it would cause people to talk if we didn't look like we were on good terms.

The paparazzi took their pictures and we hurried inside. His grip on my hand remained firm as we walked to a room across from the banquet hall where guests were already being guided in to. He opened the door and let go of me as we stepped into the room where the Tipton family was waiting. Ava and Justin noticed how tense things still seemed to be and exchanged a smirk in between each other.

Martin stood up from the chair he was sitting in. "Damon, Kaydence. Nice of you to join us." His tone was slightly cold but I knew it had to be.

"Why is she even here? All she's done is caused trouble." Ava sneered as she sipped on her drink.

"Because as far as I know they're still together and it would be gossip if they didn't come." Martin responded. He looked over the room. "Before we go out there and I make my announcement, is there anything anyone needs to tell me?" He asked sternly.

He waited to see if anyone would speak up. It was him giving a last chance for Justin and Ava. However they didn't have the conscience to even consider doing the right thing. He looked between Damon and I, I couldn't tell what he was thinking.

"Very well, let's go." Martin opened the door and led us to the room for the party.

We walked to the front of the stage that Martin was walking to. Damon held my hand once again to not cause any suspicion. Victoria glanced at me as if she was trying to figure out what I was thinking. Her bruises were non-existent due to the power of make-up..

Martin stood in front of the crowd and took the microphone. He cleared his throat before he spoke. "Hello everyone. I would like to welcome you and thank you all for coming tonight. As you can see we have some media here because I'm intending to make a big announcement tonight." He smiled at the crowd. "I started Tipton Enterprises at eighteen years old, I built it from the ground up through my hard work and dedication. Constance, may she rest in peace, was my biggest supporter and kept me going when I wanted to throw in the towel. This company has been my pride and joy along with my family. I stepped back four years ago for my health and after much consideration, after fifty-two years I've decided to permanently retire from Tipton Enterprises."

The crowd gasped in response.

He continued on. "I've decided to hand the company over to someone I feel has the capability to grow it even further. Someone I trust to handle the business with care." Martin looked at Justin who was smiling in delight. "Someone who has been honest, even when the world doesn't want to hear it. Someone who is as stubborn as they come and knows how to hold his ground and refuses to back down from a fight." Martin looked back to the crowd.

The crowd looked at him with anticipation. Everyone was well aware that Justin and Damon both had a fighting chance for the company.

"I would like you all to put your hands together for the new CEO of Tipton Enterprises, my son Damon Tipton." Martin smiled in delight at Damon.

The words had taken Damon by surprise, he glanced at me and then back to Martin. The color from Justin and Ava's face drained, they really thought Justin had it. Justin glanced at me and I couldn't help but give him a sardonic smile and wave. Damon walked up to the stage as the crowd clapped for him. Martin whispered something into his ear before he gave him the microphone.

Damon looked out at the crowd and looked at me. He had a cold expression since he had picked me up, but his face was much softer as his icy blue eyes met mine.

"Thank you everyone. And thank you father for trusting me enough to take this on." His voice was smooth and husky. "I've been working at this since I can remember. My father always said I was meant to lead the company one day. I had been gone temporarily but I was blessed to come back and be given a shot at being the president of the company with his supervision. It is a true honor to be given this opportunity."

"Is there anything else you would like to say?" Martin asked while raising an eyebrow.

"I would like to excuse myself and my family to go discuss this surprise in private. But before I go I have one thing I'd like to do as my first order of business." He smirked as he grabbed everyone's attention even more.

Everyone watched him intently, waiting for him to speak.

"Justin, my nephew, join me up here please." Damon ordered into the microphone..

I could see how nervous Justin was as he slowly made his way to the stage. "Yes?" he asked.

"You're fired." Damon spoke coldly and walked off the stage. He grabbed my hand and led us into the hallway quickly.