Don't Turn This All On Me!

I fell asleep after we had taken off. The perk of the private jet was that the destination was a lot quicker to get to. I had slept through the whole thing on the recliner. I woke up when we were landing. Looking out of the window, we were here.

"Nice to see you awake." Damon spoke.

He still seemed irritated. I didn't expect my request for proof on the picture would turn into this. I went from giving him the cold shoulder to now I was the one getting it. I let out a sigh, I probably should've reacted better and we wouldn't be in this mess. I was just so used to how Justin was I automatically thought the worst.

"Sorry for falling asleep." I responded in a low tone.

"No need to apologize. Let's just get ready to go to the resort." He stood up after the plane came to a stop.

I got up and followed behind him. I removed my jacket as I clearly wasn't going to need it in the warm weather. We exited the jet and got into a car. Once inside the car drove a little ways until it came up on the private resort.

"It's pretty." I spoke as I looked out of the window at where we were staying.

"Yeah. Come on." Damon responded, his tone was filled with indifference towards me.

We got out of the car and walked on the path leading to the resort. The resort sat on a private section of the beach. It was monitored with security of course to help keep people out. I had only heard about this place once. Justin said it was only really used for when the Tipton's wanted to have a massive party or get away, but it wasn't very often. They did let people rent out rooms here as well for a high cost.

"Mr. Tipton, so good to see you!" A middle aged woman greeted us. Her thick black hair was pulled tightly into a bun. She wore a woman's suit that had a skirt. She must have been the resort manager.

"Hello Mrs. Mirza, show us to our room please." Damon instructed.

"Of course!" We followed the woman down a hall.

The resort was only one level so we didn't have to go up any stairs. We walked a little further until we reached a door. Mrs. Mirza gave Damon the key to unlock it. "Thank you, have the preparations I asked previously for been made?" Damon asked.

"Yes sir. Is there anything else I can get you?" Mrs. Mirza asked.

"No, that will be all. You may go back now." Damon directed.

. "Enjoy your stay." She smiled at us both and walked away.

Damon unlocked the door and we stepped inside. I was awestruck as I looked over the suite. The beach was right out of the living room sliding door. There was a small kitchen and then a dining area right next to it. I walked around to get a better look at things and came upon the bedroom. There was a massive big bed, there was a door that allowed access to a deck that had stairs heading down to the beach.

"I've booked this room for a week. Of course that was before you started accusing me for things my sister set up." He was making it clear he was still upset with me.

"Damon. Stop it." I responded quietly. "If your father is going to force us to remain on this trip then let's make the most of it okay?"

"Yeah, sure. Anyway we have a dinner reservation for tonight. Rest up and then get yourself ready. I'm going to check in to see how things have been running at the resort." He turned and exited the room before I could say anything.

I let out a frustrated sigh. I should've waited to see evidence before I had put my guard up. All it had done was cause for issues to arise further between us. If I had been patient with him we would be in a much better place on this trip. I can't believe I gave into Justin and Ava's plan. At this point it was probably going exactly how they had wanted it to.

I killed the next few hours by scrolling through things on my phone. I waited to see if Damon would return but he didn't. He was probably avoiding me is what it felt like. He didn't tell me exactly what time this dinner was so I figured it was time to get ready. I went to the closet and found that once again, some clothing for me had been provided.

I pulled out a light blue elegant sundress. It was strapless and the bottom flowed down to my knees. I went to the bathroom and did a little make up with the products provided. I put my long hair into a side fishtail braid. I glanced in the mirror and was pleased with my look.

I walked back into the living room area to wait for Damon. He came back into the room as I sat down. He didn't say anything as he made his way to the bedroom and shut the door. I waited patiently for him to come out, it had been at least ten minutes. He came out in a dark blue button up and black pants. He had also taken the time to slick back his jet black hair.

"Let's go." He finally spoke.

I got up and followed behind him. We walked to the restaurant that was in the resort. It was nice and definitely a place you wanted to be semi dressed up for. The hostess sat us and we waited for the waiter.

"Hello, I'm Luis and I'll be taking care of you tonight. What can I get you?" The waiter greeted us.

We placed our order with Luis and then waited for it to come out. Neither of us spoke as we waited the twenty minutes for the food to be cooked and delivered. The silence was thick with tension that seemed to keep building between us. We even remained silent as we ate our meal.

We finally returned to our room after that and it was dark out. There was only one bed and I didn't want to share it with Damon. It wouldn't make for a good rest if all I could feel was the tension between us. "I'll take the couch." I spoke up as he headed for the room.

He turned around to face me. His face was dark with anger. I didn't think my words would trigger him. "So even on a trip you'd rather be away from me." He scoffed, his words were cold as ice.

"That's not the case and you should know that." I responded.

"Oh should I? I mean I don't know if I can really take your word for that. I'd hate to just assume things." There was sarcasm in his voice.

"Damn it Damon, you haven't even given us the chance to talk about this since you found your proof! You've avoided me, don't turn this all on me!" I was fed up with him and I wasn't going to spend the rest of our time here with this tension.

"Fine." He responded as he went to the kitchen and poured himself a small glass of liquor. "You want to talk about this, then let's fucking talk!" He raised his voice.

I gulped at the lump in my throat. He was angry and it was intimidating but we needed to get this done and over with.