Yes, It Is Necessary

It had been a few days since Justin had contacted me. I decided against telling Damon about the conversation we had. I knew it wasn't the best idea but at the same time I didn't want him to get worked up. Justin was just trying to get to him and I. If I gave it too much attention it would give him exactly what he wanted.

I got myself ready for the day. I put my hair up and wore a black dress to make myself look professional. I was supposed to meet Damon in the office today. He wanted to introduce me to the people that would help run things for the store. I was thankful for this because I had only seen so much of the business side as an intern. I really didn't know what I was doing in that aspect.

I made my way downstairs and Cody already had the car ready. Once I had gotten inside he started driving to Tipton Enterprises. The car was filled with silence as it usually was. I had accepted he just wasn't a talker.

We arrived at the company and I got out of the car. "Thanks Cody." I spoke before shutting the door and heading inside.

I made my way to the elevator and went to the top floor as usual. Damon was waiting for me as the doors had opened. He smiled and looked me up and down. "Hey Love."

I stepped out of the elevator. "Hey. I'm not late am I?" I asked.

Usually anytime I needed to find Damon he was in his office. The fact it seemed like he was going to come find me or something had me nervous. Damon chuckled at my question. "No, you're not late. I was waiting for you because we'll be going to another floor."

He pressed the button to open the elevator doors. He stepped inside and I of course followed. Once we had been inside he pressed the button to go to the floor below us. Before the elevator moved down too far he pressed the emergency stop button to prevent the elevator from moving any further than it did. "What are you doing?" I asked.

He had a smirk on his lips. He pushed me against the wall as his lips crashed down on mine. His hand caressed my cheek as our lips moved together. He bit my bottom lip to gain access to my tongue. Our tongues battled each other and I couldn't help but let a small moan escape my lips.

Finally he pulled a way, still with the smirk he had before. "I didn't get the chance to kiss you before I had left this morning. I just couldn't help myself." He pressed another button and allowed the elevator to finish it's descent to the thirty-first floor.

The doors opened and Damon exited the elevator. I followed behind trying to keep up with his pace. We walked into a conference room where there were a few people sitting at a table waiting for us. Damon sat down at the head of the table and I took the empty seat across from him.

"Welcome everyone." Damon greeted the room. "Kaydence, this is Mrs. Thorne, she will be in charge of human resources for the company and the store." Damon motioned to a petite woman with dark brown hair and caramel skin.

"It's nice to meet you." I spoke to Mrs. Thorne.

"Nice to meet you as well." Mrs. Thorne smiled.

"Now here shortly we're going to need to start the process of hiring a staff for the store. Once the renovations of the store is complete we'll start putting out the applications. Does that work for you?" Damon asked, looking at me.

I nodded in response. "That sounds like a good plan to me."

"You and I will be the ones conducting the interviews to make sure we hire only trustworthy people who will fit perfectly for the store." He stated.

I nodded. "Okay."

Damon looked through a few papers before speaking further. "This is Mr. Dickson, he will be in charge of the quality assurance to make sure everything goes smoothly with the clothing being made. Beside him is Ms. Hadley who is incharge of taking the designs and the instructions to production." He motioned to the woman with short blonde hair and the man with light brown hair and glasses.

I nodded and smiled at them.

"Mr. Slate is in charge of the customer service team that we're putting together. And then there is Mrs. Williams who is in charge of the accounting." He introduced the last person in the room. Mr. Slate had short blonde hair and stubble on his face and Mrs. Williams had curly red hair.

"It's nice to meet you all." I looked at everyone in the room as I spoke.

"It's nice to meet you too Ms. Bush." They all responded.

"These are all highly trusted and qualified individuals that I've promoted to help make this store a success. I will have them here on this floor where I can help keep an eye on things and make sure everything runs smoothly. You'll directly be at Amethyst designing and making sure the store is running properly." Damon started explaining.

I nodded. "Okay."

"I will check in with you from time to time at the store and there will of course be meetings here that you will need to attend. I will include you on everything Kaydence so that eventually you can take complete control." He continued.

I nodded again. "Sounds good to me."

Damon looked over the room and his face grew stern. "This is a separate company from Tipton Enterprises. You are no longer employees under Justin Moore. Therefore no information is to be shared about what goes on with Amethyst to him. That goes for your subordinates as well. If I find out he has been told anything I won't hesitate to fire any of you." He spoke with his tone as stern as his face.

They all nodded in response and replied in unison. "Yes sir."

Damon's face softened as he looked at me. "You're going to be very busy between designing and managing the store. I've decided to assign you an assistant."

"Is that really necessary Damon?" I questioned. "I think I can manage just fine right now."

The company was just getting started, I wouldn't be that busy. The store wasn't even open yet so I felt an assistant wouldn't be necessary. If anything it felt like he just wanted another person to have eyes on me since I didn't have Cody right by my side.

"Yes it is necessary. I've already gone ahead and hired someone." He responded.

I sighed. "So I don't even get a say on who it is?"

"Come in Ms. Taylor." Damon ordered.

The door opened shortly after that and in walked my new assistant. He had hired Julie for me.