We Need To Take A Break

After I was released from the hospital Cody picked up Julie and I. I didn't feel like talking a whole lot but Julie informed him that I had passed out but it was no big deal. She explained to him that it was just from being busy and not eating like I should've been. He thankfully asked no further questions.

I had taken the day off from work to give myself some rest. I knew the staff could handle the store and I sent Julie to give me reports here and there. She of course felt the need to check on me to see how I was feeling as well. Right now she was the only one who knew of the pregnancy and I was intending to keep it that way.

I got out of bed to go eat some food that Rose had prepared for me. I went into the kitchen and sat down at the island as I usually did when I was the only one eating. Rose finished putting together the dish she had decided to make for me.

"How are you feeling dear?" She smiled as she set down the plate that had a piece of chicken and some salad on it.

"Pretty decent." I smiled back and took a bite of the food.

Rose had known from Cody that I had a trip to the hospital but he told her only the information he had been given. No one seemed to suspect anything more of the matter which was a relief. However, being that Rose had been told I wasn't eating enough she decided to make sure I had good sized meals today and that there were snacks for me as well. I wasn't going to stop her, she was an amazing cook and I definitely had the appetite for two.

"Have you heard from Damon?" I asked.

"No. Not yet." She slightly frowned. "Don't you worry about him dear. We got to worry about making sure you're okay first."

I nodded in response. "How are your kids?"

"They're good." She smiled as I changed the subject. "My son is actually up for a promotion that would move him back here."

"That's awesome! I hope he gets it." He responded as I took another bite of food.

"Me too, it would be so nice to have my children in one state again." She spoke as she cleaned up the mess she had made when she cooked for me.

We chatted some more about her children while I ate my lunch. I was starting to feel slightly fatigued so I was going to take advantage of the fact I was home. I finished the food and decided to return upstairs to take a nap. It wasn't very often I was able to get the opportunity to do so.

I laid down and wrapped myself in the grey silk sheets. The only thing that would make this better is if Damon were here. It still had been days since he returned because he was so caught up with fixing whatever Martin was upset about. I hope it was resolved soon.

I wanted him lying in bed with me again. I wanted to share with him the news of our baby. I didn't like the fact I was keeping it from him but it was only with the best intentions. I wanted to tell him when he wasn't dealing with such a big matter. I wanted to know that he was genuinely happy and that it wasn't going to add anymore stress to what he had already.

I opened my eyes when my phone began to ring and I rushed to see who it was. Damon's name was on the screen and I quickly answered. He was so caught up in the issues that had risen that talking to him was about once a day for a few minutes. I made sure not to miss any calls because there was no guarantee he'd try calling again.

"Hello." I spoke through the phone.

"We need to talk." His voice was serious and slightly irritated.

"What's wrong?" my words were filled with nothing but concern.

"After a heated argument with Martin," He paused. "I finally found out what this whole thing is about."

"Did Justin do something?" I asked, we had our suspicions but from what I knew there was no confirmation.

"Yes. It was also about you though." His words seemed a little cold and caught me by surprise.

"What do you mean?" I was puzzled and needed further information.

"Apparently while you were drunk at the black and white event you took it upon yourself to inform Justin that our relationship started to mess with him." he began to explain. "He took it upon himself to record that little conversation and give it to Martin."

I thought back to that night and the memories were now clearer. I remember getting sick in the bathroom from what I now suspect was from my pregnancy. Justin offered me water and after drinking it I felt as if I was in a daze. He took me to the room and got offended when I spoke about my relationship with Damon. I should've known there was more reason as to why that conversation happened.

He purposely must've forgotten to hand over the bit of me telling him that Damon and I were in love. Everything was clear now and I knew I wasn't drunk that night. I had no alcohol and only water and I was sure of that. Justin put something in that water, I just had no way to prove it now.

"Damon. I wasn't drunk." I responded in a quiet voice.

"You sure as hell seemed like it to me!" His voice was slightly raised. "Regardless, I've told you to not be alone with him. You should've never admitted something like that because now all it has done is caused me trouble! Now my father is questioning my intentions and integrity towards the company!"

"Damon, I'm sorry." I hated that he was upset with me. But I gather that's probably something that Justin wanted to happen. "I swear to you that I didn't have anything to drink, I remember it now."

"Kaydence, sorry doesn't cut it this time. I think we need to take a break while I work to get this matter taken care of and fix the mess you created. Once it's resolved I'll come home and we can reevaluate things." His voice no longer was raised but his words stung. "I'll be staying at one of the penthouses for the time being."

"Damon-" I spoke but he cut me off.

"Goodbye Kaydence." He hung up before I had the chance to explain anything. I knew it was just because his anger was in control right now.

I could feel my eyes sting with tears. Justin had managed to successfully mess with our relationship and Damon's opportunity of taking over the company. I placed a hand on my stomach as a way to remind myself not to get too upset to affect the life inside of me. "Don't worry baby, it'll be okay." I whispered quietly to myself.