Do You remember Why You're Here Ava?

(Damon's POV)

The car arrived at the building I bought specifically to keep Ava inside. After being kept prisoner these past months and tortured by my men she had finally had enough. She went insane. That was my goal though and I managed to do it in record timing. It was a worse punishment than death.

I was coming to assess how bad she was mentally. Once I knew the state of her brain I could decide exactly what I wanted to do with her. I was not going to kill her, that would still be the easy way out for her. She needed proper care though to keep her alive. My men weren't exactly equipped to deal with someone who was mentally ill.

I entered the warehouse with Cody following behind me. We walked down the stairs to the basement where Ava's room was. "How is she?" I asked as I approached the men standing outside of the door.

"See for yourself." One of the guards answered as he sat behind a couple computer monitors.

I walked over to the monitors that were hooked to cameras in her room. I watched on the screen as my sister looked broken and beaten. She was sitting on her bed with her knees to her chest. Her arms were wrapped around her legs as she rocked herself back and forth.

"How long exactly has she been like this?" I wanted to get all the details.

"The biggest change was a couple weeks ago when she stopped fighting us and just began to accept her punishments you ordered. Then she progressively started to get worse after that." One of the men by the door answered.

"Define worse." I ordered coldly.

"She talks to herself, she screams that she sees things that aren't there. She even began to pull her own hair out here and there. She gets a little violent sometimes as well." He explained.

"And how sure are we that this isn't just an act she's put on?" I questioned as I looked between all the men I had assigned to watch her.

"We feel pretty confident that it's no act sir. After everything you've had us do to her I'm more surprised that it took as long as it did. Between keeping her isolated, the waterboarding you requested and then keeping her in darkness for hours on end I would say this is definitely no act." The man behind the computers spoke again. "I've been constantly watching her on my shifts and there is no glimpse of the woman you had brought in here."

"Cody." I turned to look at him. "What do you think?"

Cody came to take a look at the monitors himself. I trusted his judgment, that's why he was my go to guy. He also had been around Ava quite a few times. He knew her better than the rest of these guys. Whatever he thought would help me make my next decision.

"I don't know sir. The way your sister acted and carried herself I don't see her willingly acting like this." Cody answered. "She had too much pride in herself to sink this far without a fight."
I nodded as his observation made sense. If the Ava I brought in had seen herself now she would be appalled. "Very well. Let me inside. I want to speak with her." I approached the door to the room.

"Are you sure that's a good idea? What if she does something to you?" Cody asked.

"Isn't that the point of having you with me?" I raised an eyebrow as I looked back at him.

"Yes sir." Cody nodded and followed me into the room.

I had one of the guards at the door unlock it to let me inside. The door shut and I could see Ava slightly jump as it startled her. She looked up at me. It wasn't a hateful look like I would've expected if she was her normal self. Instead she looked at me with curiosity. It was like she was trying to figure out where she knew me from.

"Do you know who I am?" I asked her with coldness in my tone.

"I don't know." She answered. "Should I?"

"Interesting." I spoke to myself as I took a seat on a chair in the room.

"Wait." her eyes grew wide as she looked at me. "You're little brother. I haven't seen you in ages!"

"Do you remember why you're here Ava?" I asked.

"These men said I did something bad. I don't know what I did." She looked as if she was in thought. She seemed to be trying to think back but only had a blank stare when she couldn't figure it out. "Are you here to get me out? These men have been absolutely horrible to me."

I stood up from the chair. "No Ava, you won't be getting out today."

My words seemed to put her in a fit of rage. "Why not?!" She stood up and threw the mattress off of the bed. "This place stinks brother! Get me out of here!"

I headed for the door with Cody close behind in case she got violent. "No." I responded coldly once more before exiting the room.

Her room was soundproof but I could hear her yelling profanities through the computer monitors. I made my way over to see what she did when she was agitated. She was throwing things around and even purposely ran into the wall.

"This is what she does every time she's pissed off." The guard behind the monitors spoke. "That's why she looks so beat up. I worry she may find a way to hurt herself in there."

"I see." I spoke as I watched the screen intently.

"When she calms down she talks to a Marjorie. No idea who that is other than someone she made up but she blames this figment of her imagination for why she's here and why she got upset." He explained a little more.

I could tell going in there that Ava wasn't herself. She would have taken the first chance she had to blame me for everything or she would've at least attempted to be overly nice. That's how she would usually weasel her way out of trouble. I'm not a fool though, I needed to get a confirmation that she had actually gone crazy.

"Cody, call Dr. Prentice to come evaluate her." I ordered. Colton Prentice was the one who had saved Kaydence's mother. He was the one person I could trust to come and actually check Ava out without freaking out on me about the circumstances.

"Okay." Cody nodded. He walked up the steps to get reception on his phone to make the call.

"What are you going to do sir?" The man behind the computers asked.

"I'm going to have her evaluated." I answered. "If she really is crazy then I'll have her brought back to Nashville to finish her days out in a mental institution."