Your Worst F*cking Nightmare

I decided the day after my dinner with my mother that I would try to talk to Damon. I had thought about talking with Martin but I still didn't have the courage nor the proof to go to him yet. If I could get Damon back on my side then maybe we could go to him together. The best shot I had was going to the office because he would just ignore my calls.

I walked inside and went up to the thirty-second floor where his office was. I waited patiently for the elevator to ding to let me know that it was time to get out. The doors opened and I marched myself in front of Stacey.

"Kaydence? What are you doing here?" She asked, puzzled by my presence.

"Where's Damon? I need to speak with him." I asked.

She shifted uncomfortably in her chair. "I've been told to not let you in his office if you show up. I'm sorry but he's my boss." She answered nervously.

"Stacey, I need to speak to him. I'm not going anywhere until he either lets me in or comes out to see me." I stood my ground, we had a lot to talk about. I was even planning to tell him about the pregnancy.

She sighed. "Kaydence, he'll make me call security if you don't go on your own."

"At least call him and see if he'll see me today. It's important." I pleaded with her.

She picked her phone up from her desk and keyed in a few numbers. "Sir, Ms. Bush is here to see you. She says she won't be leaving until she sees you." She paused as she waited for his response. "Okay, I'll let her know." she hung up the phone.

"Well is he coming or not?" I asked.

"He'll be out in a moment to talk with you. Please have a seat." Stacey motioned to the couch.

I nodded and sat down. I waited patiently for Damon to come out. I had been waiting at least fifteen minutes before he emerged from the doors. He looked in my direction and I could see a tired man in front of me. The stubble on his face was a little longer than before.

"We're on a break. Why are you here?" He asked with annoyance.

"We need to talk." I stood up from the couch.

"About what? There isn't anything to talk about right now." He sneered.

"Damon, stop being so cold to me!" I raised my voice in frustration.

"I don't want to see you right now Kaydence, either leave before you make even more trouble for me or I'll have you escorted out!" He raised his voice back at me.

"No." I folded my arms across my chest.

"Stacey, call security." He instructed in a cold voice while his icy blue eyes looked into mine.

"Fine, I'm going." I sighed. It wasn't worth getting myself more upset and I didn't want to be embarrassed by being taken away by security. I chose to wait on sharing the news of the baby, he would only think it was to get him to talk right now.

He turned and walked back to his office doors. "Let me know when you want to be an adult about this whole thing." I spoke which caused him to stop for a moment.

He seemed like he was thinking for a moment. "We'll see. Have a good day." He responded before he disappeared behind the doors.

I walked over to the couch and grabbed my purse. I could see how uncomfortable Stacey felt by the expression on her face. I walked over to her desk, but not to cause any more trouble for this poor woman. "Thank you for trying. Sorry you had to be put in the middle of this." I apologized.

"It's fine. Honestly I'm confused by the whole thing but I hope you two make up." She responded sincerely.

"Yeah, me too." I gave her a small smile and turned to walk back to the elevator.

Justin peaked out from his office after hearing all the commotion. "Trouble in paradise?" He smiled mockingly.

"I know what you did." I sneered. "I just don't have the proof."

"Why don't you come in and talk with me?" He suggested as he walked back in his office.

I was curious what there was left for him to say so I stepped into the office and shut the door. "There's nothing more to talk about. What else do you want?" I asked as I folded my arms across my chest.

"Well it looks like I have a fighting chance at having the company for myself. I guess if you apologize to me maybe I'll take you back and you can still live a life in luxury." he offered.

"Why on earth would I want that? You've caused me nothing but trouble since I left you." I rolled my eyes.

"Because isn't this all about you just wanting to be a gold digger? Think of the life you could have with you being on my good side. I'll even let you keep your store and everything." He made it seem like this offer was one for me to actually consider.

"No thank you." I responded coldly. "Why are you so obsessed with Damon and I?"

"Because this was supposed to be mine! Martin was working to put me in the president spot four years ago and then that asshole came back and ruined everything! I deserve this!" His voice had rage in it but he quickly collected himself and calmed down. " And then he took you from me. You're stupid if you don't come back to me."

"Why would I even want to? You're a manipulative asshole. I don't want to be stuck with that forever." I sneered. "And it wasn't him who took me from you, you're the one who treated me poorly and started with your abuse. He just came in and helped make sure I was taken care of."

"I mean it's your choice but you'll regret it either way. Martin's practically ready to give me the company after I gave him the truth. Well part of the truth." He seemed confident in his answers which only heightened my anger.

I walked closer to Justin. "Do you remember what you told me once?" I asked curiously as I looked at him.

"Which time? I told you a lot of bullshit." He responded.

"You told me once that the most dangerous people were the ones with nothing to lose. You've once again messed up my relationship and keep getting in the way of my happiness. No matter what I do you keep trying to take it so I will come back to you. Well Justin, because of your actions I have nothing to lose at this point." I stated.

"Oh really?" he leaned back in his chair.

"I may not have a lot on you right now but I will find something that will take your ass down for good." I threatened as I turned to leave the office.

He spoke once more to catch my attention "Am I supposed to be scared of you?" He looked at me curiously and let out a chuckle. "You have no balls to do anything Kaydence. I'm not worried."

I could feel my lips turn into a malicious smile. "You should be scared Justin, because I'm about to be your worst fucking nightmare."