Get Your Hearing Aide Checked

The article was out by the end of that night. It exposed in depth everything the Bushemp's had done to try to stay in business. The fraud, the money laundering and the embezzlement. Damon made sure no detail had been left out. As a result everyone that Bushemp Industries had been working with pulled out of the company. Their company was crumbling into nothing fast.

"Mr. Tipton is ready for you." Stacey smiled as she let me into the office.

A week had come and gone since I came here to tell him about Meredith. It was time for us to go over some things for Amethyst. I was thirty-two weeks pregnant with Scarlett so time was beginning to put the pressure on for us. There was only a month left before I took my maternity leave.

"Thank you." I smiled back as I stepped inside and walked towards Damon.

He stood up as the door closed, leaving us alone. He pulled me into his arms and his lips met mine. His kisses still made me melt after all this time. It was like I became putty in his hands.

He pulled away with a small smile on his lips. "How are we today Love?" he moved one of his hands onto my stomach to see if he could feel Scarlett.

"I'm good." I smiled. "How are you?"

"Fantastic now that you're here." he responded just as Scarlett kicked his hand. He chuckled in response. "Is someone feeling a little feisty today?"

"She's kind of been on one since I ate breakfast this morning. I think it may be the orange juice I had." I placed my hand on my stomach to feel her kick once more.

"Or maybe she's just happy to hear my voice?" he raised a brow as he took his seat at his desk.

"Could be." I smirked as I pulled a chair around to sit next to him. "What do you want to go over today?"

"I just want to go over how well Amethyst is doing online and the launch details. Since your assistant will no longer be in school I thought we may want to consider having her help watch over things at the store as well." He spoke as he loaded his computer up with all the details of Amethyst.

"I would be okay with that." I spoke to give him my approval. "I trust Julie and she's been watching how I've done things."

He nodded. "Good. It'll help us out a lot I feel."

We then began to go over the numbers for both the store and the site. Both were still doing fantastic as expected. Amethyst was less than a year old but the brand had seemed to become a total success and was making good profit. I knew it was a combination between how good my work was and my involvement with Damon.

The phone on Damon's desk began to ring. "I thought I told her to not interrupt us." He mumbled to himself before answering the phone on speaker. "What is it?"

"Sir, I'm sorry to bug you but there's an older woman here who demands she sees you immediately." Stacey answered.

"I'm not expecting anyone, have security send her away if you must." Damon ordered.

"Okay. Wait, ma'am you can't go in there!" We heard Stacey's voice come through right before the office doors opened.

Meredith marched into the room and I could tell she was enraged. Damon stood up from his chair and Stacey was running into the room.

"Sir, I'm so sorry! I'll get security right away!" Stacey spoke frantically.

"Don't bother." Damon responded. "I'll call if I still need them to come escort her out."

"Okay." Stacey was quick to get out of the room. I could tell she was trying to avoid being reprimanded for Meredith storming inside.

"What do I owe the pleasure of this meeting Meredith?" Damon asked.

"You son of a bitch!" She hissed as she marched closer. She turned her attention to me. "And you, you allowed this to happen! Some family you are, you brat!"

"Meredith, calm down. It would be a shame if you had a heart attack." Damon responded sardonically.

Meredith returned her attention to Damon. "I tried being civil with you. You've pushed me too far. Have that slandering article removed!"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I can't do that." Damon's face was cold as he looked at her. "See I warned you Meredith. I told you to not come back here and bug my wife. Maybe you didn't understand me clearly, might want to get your hearing aide checked you wretched old bag."

"All I wanted was our two families to come together. What was so hard about that?" Meredith tried to play as if she was the victim here. "A grandmother shouldn't have to force her way in to have a relationship with her granddaughter."
"Well, you're granddaughter made it clear she has no interest in being part of your family." He shot back. "Just because you're the mother of her father doesn't mean you get to claim the title of grandmother. All you have with her is shared blood, that's it."

"I blame you!" Meredith sneered. "If it wasn't for you she would be more accepting and open to being a part of our family. But you can't let that be!"

"Unfortunately for you Meredith, you can't force people to be around toxic people. You can blame me all you want but keep in mind, she chose to be my wife." At this point I was convinced he was trying to piss her off more. "And she chooses to have nothing to do with you."

I sat in my chair and looked between the two as I witnessed the exchange. I didn't mind that Damon was taking the lead here. I didn't know what more to say that I hadn't said to her already. Plus he was the one who had the article published. All I did was give him the permission to do it.

"How dare you." Meredith's tone grew dark. "You won't get away with what you've done."

"With what I've done?" Damon let out a malicious chuckle. "All I did was tell the truth about you, something that your family doesn't know how to do. Oh and I also am the one taking care of Kaydence, which I'm doing a hell of a better job than you ever could."

"Someone will teach you a lesson boy." Meredith held her dark tone. "And when they do you won't see it coming. You've pissed off too many people in your lifetime. I recommend you watch your back."

"You don't scare me Meredith." Damon responded. "Now would you like to leave on your own or should I have my security drag you out. That'd be another good headline for the Bushemp family."

Meredith didn't say another word. She turned around and left the office without a fight.