**71**

bonus: yejisu

When Jisu just turned three years old, her mommy took her to a place where a lot of children her age were gathered, it was called kindergarten. That's one of the first memories she still has embedded in her mind.

As they left their apartment, they encountered one of their neighbours, striding around with her constant smiley face.

"Don't look at her, keep your head down." Jennie whispered to her daughter and tried to move unnoticed past the woman.

"Hey neighbours!" She spotted them nevertheless and didn't forget to greet them enthusiastically. "How are you?"

Jennie sighed, rolling her eyes inwardly as she came to a halt. Jisu assumed that meant she was allowed to look at the pretty lady now. "Good." Jennie said blankly.

"That's good." Their raven haired neighbour dashed them with her heart smile. "This is for the little one." She handed her a green orange.

Jisu took it, intrigued. "Thank you." She bowed slightly.

"You're welcome." She ruffled her hair before she took her distance and walked down the stairs.

Jisu was about to peel the orange when Jennie confiscated it. She gave her mother a pouty look in response.

"Sorry baby. I have to taste test it first. You know, this neighbour is weird, so we have to stay safe."

That's what Jennie said a lot about her. The constant warnings confused Jisu because she seemed just fine to her but maybe she was just too young to know people well.

Afterwards Jennie gave her a whistle Jisu should use if any sketchy person would talk to her, a neon safety vest so she could be seen easily and a yellow helmet in case she falls down.

Not like she ever fell head first but she obligated by default since she didn't understand the attire was uncommon. She only had a hunch when she arrived and no one else was dressed in similar fashion aside from her.

During her first day she was told she could just play outside with the other kids.

"Mommy, can I slide?" She tugged on her mother's leather pants and pointed to the playground.

"Okay." Jennie grabbed her hand and led her to the slide.

At that age Jisu tumbled after her, having her mom pull stronger so she doesn't fall down. Maybe the helmet wasn't a bad idea after all.

"They told me I have to leave you alone."

Jisu stopped walking and looked at her mother horrified. Jennie also stopped in her tracks and gazed down at her daughter, confused at the sudden sadness that washed over her face.

"I'm just leaving for a few hours," Jennie clarified when Jisu clutched on her hand and was on the brink of sobbing. "So you can play with the other kids." She added before she squatted down and hugged her little girl.

"Come back?" Jisu asked hopefully, her voice muffled as her face was pressed into Jennie's shoulder.

"Yes." Jennie pulled back from the hug and kissed the crown of her head. "I will be back. So try to have fun, okay?"

Jisu nodded obediently. So Jennie took a deep breath and bid her farewells.

A nursery nurse was watching from afar, signalling her that she should leave now. Jennie took another deep breath and nodded.

As she walked away she kept waving at Jisu so Jisu waved back. They did bid farewell about ten times until Jennie left her vision.

The little girl then climbed up the stairs of the slide and slid down. She landed on sand and kept sitting on the ground as the loud voices of the kids surrounding her got her attention.