*38*

"You mean to tell me whenever you want to talk about her confession she shuts you up? How?" Chaeyoung asked after having to listen to Jennie's ramble for 40 minutes.

"First she kisses me, then I kiss back, then she puts her hand on my thigh and we have sex."

"Suggestion," Chaeyoung butted in. "Don't kiss her back."

Jennie looked at her as if she grew two heads. "Yeah, sure. Pft."

"What is that reaction supposed to mean?" Chaeyoung raised her eyebrows.

"I can not not kiss her back, Chaeng. Have you seen her lips? I love her lips! They have the shape of a heart and are as soft as a pillow." Jennie sighed defeated.

"You need self control girl." Chaeyoung clicked her tongue.

***

"You don't know what to say, so you use sex to shut her up?" Nayeon frowned. "That's weir--"

"Genius!" Lisa awed. "Teach me your ways!"

"Guys, I need serious advice, what do I tell her?" Jisoo rubbed her temples.

"Buy her something expensive and shiny and she will forget." Lisa shrugged. "It always works."

"OR tell her you love her because, duh, you love her." Nayeon exclaimed.

"What if she doesn't love me and will dump me?" Jisoo asked with a worried tone.

"The Jisoo I know doesn't fear rejection." Lisa grinned at her.

"That's true. You don't. Why are you scared?" Nayeon questioned.

Because she can see a future with Jennie and doesn't want to ruin it.

***

The next days Jisoo either avoided Jennie or they had sex. It got to the point Lisa had to call Joohyun to give Jisoo a wake up call.

"This is eating you up."

"No unnie. I'm fine." Jisoo claimed as she sipped on a bottle of beer.

Joohyun wasn't having it and snatched the bottle from her grasp.

"Kim Jisoo, you will tell Jennie that you love her and you will stop acting like a scared toddler at this instant. It doesn't suit our family one bit." She said strictly and handed her a glass of water in place of the beer.

"But--"

"But what if she doesn't love you back? That my dear sister is very unlikely but if it happens, it happens. Not everyone grows love in the same pace. Some need more time to come to terms with their feelings." Joohyun cut her off.

Jisoo grew up being looked after by her sister. She was more serious as mother figure than their own parents who are rather playful.

Of course she believes every word Joohyun tells her.

She just rarely asks her for advice and help because in their family weakness and vulnerability is more like a disease none of them can handle nor admit they have.

"Understood Jisoo?"

Jisoo nodded. "You are right. Tomorrow I will tell her."

***

Jisoo planned their next date and invited Jennie with an old fashioned love letter stuck on her door.

It wasn't her thing but she knew Jennie liked it cheesy.