*29*

"H-He...He's dead..!" Chaeryeong stated horrified.

"How could this happen..." Yeji was in disbelief.

The hamster was lying lifeless in his cage.

"Maybe he is sleeping." Lisa poked his stomach.

"He looks dead to me. Don't touch corpses Lisa." Chaeyoung swatted her hand away.

"No way..." The tears pricked Yuna's eyes.

"Don't be sad, he is in a better place now." Ryujin commented.

"He was fine minutes ago...." Jisu frowned.

"I know a good vet. He could check on him and look if he really is dead or could still be fixed." Lisa suggested. "I'll give him a call."

Chaeryeong nodded with teary eyes.

Afterwards Jennie and Jisoo returned and informed them about giving their friends a visit. The kids were excited to know it was in the woods and cheered up.

With all the food and kids divided into two cars the J's and twin towers drove to the hut.

On her way Lisa left the hamster in the cage at the doctor's place.

Meanwhile in the other car,

"Did you two fight?" Jennie asked bluntly seeing how distant Yeji and Jisu were.

Jisoo inwardly sighed. Jennie was too straightforward sometimes, the question clearly made them uncomfortable.

"Actually," Jisu thought she should finally come clean with everything.

"No. We are fine." Yeji interrupted, suddenly grabbing Jisu's hand to prove her point.

Jisu tilted her head but Yeji wasn't meeting her eyes.

She never had the chance to talk to Yeji alone recently. They still had some issues to speak about.

How come Jisu feels like she has so much to say but so little actually leaves her tongue.

"Um, how about we listen to an audiobook?" Jisoo tried to lessen the tension.

"Great idea!" Jennie remarked. "Grab my purse I bought a new one."

Jisoo put the cassette in.

The audiobook started with a light melody that had a creepy undertone.

The Exorcist read by the author--

The brunette clicked pause immediately.

"Wrong one Jisoo!"

"Oh my, do you secretly like scary stuff? No way you heard the whole thing without puking or fainting."

Jennie rolled her eyes.

"Stop bringing that up, it was a moment of weakness okay?"

"What's The Exorcist?" Jisu asked.

"Can we listen to it?" Yeji added.

"Ah that's just something boring. I have a story about dogs. It's much more exciting." Jennie took a left turn, following Lisa's car since she knows the directions.

A Dog's Purpose a novel for humans

At last Jisoo picked up the correct one.

The audiobook was narrated by a sarcastic boyish voice.

The dog questioned the point of his and his siblings existence.

Then he spoke about his daily life and began,