*2*

Make her laugh Kim JisooMake her laugh!

"Jennie ah," Jisoo whispered loud enough for the still trembling girl to hear.

The brunette lifted her head from the elder's chest and faced her.

"Mm" She hummed with glossy eyes and clutched on her shirt tightly with her tiny fists.

So cute! Damn!

"I farted in the elevator," Jisoo confessed.

"....." Jennie cocked an eyebrow.

"And it was wrong on so many levels." She joked.

Jennie didn't laugh.

You can do better than that! Come on Jisoo!

"Jennie ah, what does the elevator say about its job?"

"...I don't think it can talk but what does it say?"

"Sometimes it brings me down." The raven responded.

Jisoo could swear the corners of Jennie's lips just twitched. Though just for a milisecond.

That's progress! Good job me!

"Jen–"

"Spare me the bad jokes."

"Are you sure you don't like them?" Jisoo winked.

But the problem is Jisoo can't wink, so her eyes weirdly twitched at the same time before her left eye opened and closed again, pretending she just successfully winked.

This earned her a tiny chuckle from Jennie. Her mood lifted but the elevator can't relate.

Jennie cupped Jisoo's left cheek to stare into her orbs before she winked like a pro, sending electricity through Jisoo's body. Her entire body froze as if her hand was a taser, yet the burn on her cheek didn't hurt. What really hurt was when Jennie pulled her hand back.

"That's how you wink."

Jisoo nodded in trance, enthralled by the brunette's feline eyes.

"Yes, teach."

"No, no, no." Jennie denied quick. "I'm not gonna be your winking teacher or something. I believe it'd be easier to teach a monkey to wink."

"Hm.. didn't you mention earlier that your daughter wants to be a monkey? What was that about?"

Jennie's face fell. Overcome with complete horror.

"Everything okay?" Jisoo put a hand on her shoulder and gave it a squeeze.

"Oh my god! What do I do!? I still have to pick Jisu up from kindergarten!" Jennie said apprehensive. She was going into panic mode again.

"Calm down." Jisoo muttered. "Can't you call someone to pick her up in your stead?"

Jennie shook her head. "No one."

Jisoo frowned. "Your parents? Friends?"

"I just moved here, no nearby friends or family..." Her lips trembled.

"It's okay," Jisoo smiled. "How about I ask one of my pals to pick her up? When does kindergarten end?"

Jennie raised her eyebrows. "...I'm not sure if those are trustworthy people."

"Don't worry! They are as trustworthy as I am!" Jisoo gave her two thumbs up and pointed to herself.

"That's exactly why I'm worried." Jennie deadpanned. No panic evident in her voice any longer. For some reason her anxiety comes and goes when she is around Jisoo.