*49*

Jennie would like to think she doesn't harbour the slightest feeling of jealousy towards the woman who is currently stirring the bowl of soup with Jisoo next to her.

But of course that's not true. This burning and annoying feeling of possessiveness is hard to dispose of.

"I can't believe you managed to teach her how to cook." Soojoo teased, earning a glare from Jisoo. "I should be thanking you, she is going to be much more helpful now."

"Hey I was always great help!" Jisoo defended. They finished cooking, being on their way to carry the pots to the dining area and distribute the food to the kids.

"At handing me the ingredients." Soojoo chuckled.

Jennie pursed her lips. Is it just her imagination or is Soojoo awfully close to Jisoo? Like do their hands have to brush when she hands her some plates? Jennie believes they don't have to brush but they do brush nonetheless, and doesn't that mean they are doing something unnecessary? And for what? For the sake of touching alone?

"Jen, are you okay?" Jisoo waved a hand in front of her.

"...Uh, what..? Yeah." Jennie said absentminded.

"Really?" The raven placed her hand on Jennie's forehead to check for a fever.

"Yes duh. I'm just cold." She shrugged and headed forward to bring the cutlerly to the tables.

"Cold?" Jisoo frowned and removed her sweater immediately before she offered it to Jennie.

"Oh you don't have to." She smiled. And just like that all negative thoughts left her.

"I insist my love." Jisoo returned the smile and helped her wear it.

"Gross. Don't do that in front of the kids." Soojoo laughed.

"You are just jealous you don't have a hot girlfriend." Jisoo stuck her tongue out.

This statement made Jennie think of two things: Soojoo is single and Soojoo is attracted to women. It made her feel a knot in her stomach even when she knew it shouldn't affect her. She trusts Jisoo for pete's sake!

"Just get the plates ready." Soojoo rolled her eyes and slapped Jisoo's shoulder playfully.

And so Jisoo and Jennie stood in the counter and waited for the kids to arrive to pour food into their plates. Jennie would pour soup into their bowls and Jisoo would place sausages and mashed potatoes into their plates. There were also a variety of sandwiches they made for those that didn't like anything. The queue to them became huge as soon as Soojoo rang a bell.

At first Jennie was terrified. She heard loud screams and rash footsteps like produced from elephants. The kids ran to them to get food first and make way to their favourite tables at that.

"Soup please!" The little boy in front of Jennie said.

Jennie took his bowl and filled it with soup.

"That's too much!" He interrupted her.

She removed a little.

"Now it's not enough!"

Jennie raised a brow but Jisoo gave her a look and told her to be nice. Therefore she poured more in with the spoon. She handed him the bowl back and he placed it quickly on his tray.

"It's too warm! Do you have ice cubes?" He questioned.

Meanwhile the kids in Jisoo's queue went by quickly without asking for more. Did Jennie get the difficult child? The little boy had freckles, curly hair and glasses. Aside from his annoying smug grin, he could be mistaken for a cute kid.