*26*

When Jennie found out Jisu walked around on her own with her friends she grounded her for two weeks. She wasn't even allowed to go to school. Jennie convinced the principal to give her all the homework for her to do at home. That's not something they normally allow. Jennie used her connections to arrange that.

Neither was she allowed to eat any of the candy she collected. Not even one per day.

Jennie was very disappointed with her.

Meanwhile, none of the girls told any of the adults what happened that day before Yeji called for Seulgi to pick them up. Yeji was so shaken up she could barely tell Seulgi where they were before she hung up and told her to be quick.

Because Jisu had no way to communicate with them outside of school, Yeji bought walkie talkies and managed to give it to each of them.

She found Ryujin in school and gave her three walkie talkies. When Jisoo visited their home she begged her to smuggle it in Jisu's room while Jennie isn't paying attention and she succeeded barely.

"Is everyone listening, I have an important message to make." Yeji spoke on her line of the communication device. "A scary message.."

"Is it about that night?" Ryujin immediately responded.

"I'm here." Chaeryeong talked into it.

"Me too." Yuna said next. "Jisu?"

"I'm listening from prison." Her sound was muffled because she had her face buried in a pillow.

"Sorry about that again." Yeji said sheepishly. "We shouldn't have left the street. It's my fault."

"Hey, no blaming, okay? We went there together." Jisu claimed. "Now tell us about that scary message."

"My mom wasn't at the backyard..... It wasn't my mom. I asked her what she did at the backyard, and she said she was only at the front door."

Death silence followed her confession. Memories of that night flashed in front of their eyes.

"I don't know about you guys but I--" Chaeryeong started.

"No." Ryujin cut her off.

"But--" Yuna reinforced her.

"No." Ryujin said again. "We are not going to go back to that ugly house and find out if it was them who tried to possibly kill or kidnap us."

"That's a great idea!" Yeji exclaimed suddenly, shocking them all.

"Really...?" Jisu asked surprised. Yeji was acting different. It was like she went from shy to courageous in the span of a night.

"Yeah! I'm going to get my binoculars and sneak out in the evening! Anyone who's in meet me a block away from the creepy house."

"I honestly don't think this a good idea Yeji." Jisu was with Ryujin in this one. It sounded too risky. "I'm thinking of telling my mom."

"You are completely right." Ryujin mumbled. "Let's leave this to the police."

"True... What was I thinking? I won't do anything but don't tell your mom yet. We should tell her together." Yeji spoke full of solidarity.

"Got it." Jisu said and put the walkie talkie away.

Then there was a knock on Jisu's door and Jennie entered with a tray which she placed on her bedside table. Must be prison food.

"I'm going to go out tonight." Jennie stated simply. "Is that okay with you?"

"Out? You are working overtime?" Jisu questioned.