*53*

Jennie was taking an afternoon nap on the couch in her office before she had to pick up her daughter from school. She was sleeping deeply and peacefully, legs tangled with Jisoo's. But even the most peaceful slumber couldn't stop her from hearing the older trying to muffle her laughter time and time again.

The younger attempted to ignore the sound and nuzzled closer to her as she felt Jisoo's hand move to her head and massage her scalp like she loved.

After a few seconds she felt Jisoo shaking and laughing again.

Jennie opened an eye curiously.

"What is it?"

"Oh sorry," Jisoo covered her mouth with her left hand. "It's just-" She chuckled. "I'm thinking about this funny fat cat video."

Jennie sighed and wrapped her arms around Jisoo's waist. "Think about me instead."

"Easy." Jisoo nodded and kissed Jennie's cheek. She was about to plant more kisses on her skin but the vibration of Jennie's phone interrupted them.

Jennie frowned, refusing to move.

"Can you pick it up?"

The elder obliged and accepted the call without checking the caller ID before she handed it to Jennie. Just like Jennie she felt too light to function properly.

"Hello." Jennie said groggily, raking a hand through her hair.

"H-Hey Nini, this is Jimin-"

"What the fuck, you are not allowed to call me." Jennie's eyebrows knitted together. She really doesn't want to hear this voice anymore. Jisoo plopped her elbows on the armrest and looked at Jennie confused.

"Y-Yeah, I know.." He whispered. "I was just having a bit of a hard time and thought you could help your ex out."

"Call a friend. I'm hanging up." She responded.

"No wait!" He choked out. "I need money."

"Really? Is that all you want from me?" She shook her head in disbelief, chuckling dryly. "Then go work bitch."

"You don't understand... There are loan sharks after me. I can not get this much money even if I work." He spoke quietly, fear dripped in his voice evidently. "Your dad already gave me half but he won't give me more because I couldn't get you to marry me-"

"What!?" She raised her voice. Jisoo squeezed her shoulder and asked with her eyes if she was fine, Jennie just nodded but kept a mad expression on her face.

"What do you mean?" She composed herself.

"He wasn't happy with your leadership and thought I could return him the firm if we get married." Jimin explained. "But apparently you don't fancy me anymore."

"No shit sherlock." Jennie rolled her eyes. Of course that's how it was. "You know what? I don't even care anymore. I'm over this. Bye. Forever."

She was about to end the call but then Jimin yelled.

"If you don't give me the money they might kill me! And our daughter as well!" He threatened. His friendly tone was gone, he murmured weird noises and hiccuped. Is he drunk? Or high?

This got Jennie to stand up, she pointed to the car keys, signalling Jisoo to start the engine so the raven made her way downstairs.

"What do you mean? Is she with you?" She went for a calm approach.

"Y-Yes." He confirmed. "T-The loan sharks too... T-They allowed me one call.."

"Where?" She questioned and ran the stairs down to her car with the phone in her left hand.

*****

"You want orange juice?" Yeji offered Jisu her cup as they sat on the bench of their school yard.

"No thanks." Jisu shook her head and tried to create a hand shadow puppet. She turned her hands so that her palms faced her and locked her thumbs together. "Guess."

"A ball?" Yeji laid the cup on the bench and stared on the ground but Jisu denied it. "Hm... statue? No? An angel?"

"It's a bird." Jisu chuckled, curling her fingers to make the bird fly.

"Oh now I see it." Yeji smiled, stretching her legs. Then Yeji's moms arrived to pick her up but there was no trace of Jisu's mom.

Yeji walked forward and hugged Joohyun while Seulgi looked at Jisu.

"Jennie is not here yet?"

The little girl shook her head.

"That's odd." Joohyun placed Yeji back on the ground. "I think Jisoo was with her. I'll give them a call." So she rang a few times. Neither of them picked up.

They waited fourty more minutes with Jisu on the bench, but still no sign of Jennie.

Yeji and Jisu were playing with the shadows again while Seulgi and Joohyun had a conversation. They decided to bring Jisu home with them and informed the teacher about it in case Jennie will arrive later. They also left her messages on her phone.

Of course they tried their best to not let their confusion be shown to the kids. They told them everything was all right and Jennie might be stuck in traffic. When another hour passed, Seulgi left the house to ring at the kid's apartment, that is before Jeongyeon called her.

"Hi, kind of bad timing. Jennie and Jisoo are missing, have you seen them anywhere?" Seulgi laced her shoes and pressed the phone against her ear with her shoulder.

"That's why I called. The teacher said you picked her kid up?" Her voice was monotone and somehow it alarmed the bear.

"That's right. You know where they are?" She sighed in relief. "Tell me, I'll drive her there."

"At the hospital."