**63**

"They said what!?"

"Calm down Nini." Taehyung cleared his throat, gesturing to the people outside his office. They could hear her outburst and making a scene wouldn't do her good.

So Jennie grumbled and closed the door before she plopped herself on the chair across him.

"Now say that again Tae." She dared the man with a glare.

"I said, there have been complaints because you were, exclamation marks, mean." He repeated calmly.

"That's bullshit! I'm super nice! Who said that!? I'm going to fire them and eat their first born--"

Jennie retracted her statement as soon as she realized that it might have come across in a wrong way.

Taehyung looked at her with a look that said 'see?'

"You will see," She spoke determined. "I'm going to be so nice it'll hurt."

"Don't hurt anyone please."

"Oh I will hurt them all," She scrambled on her feet and crossed her arms. "With kindness."

*****

Jeongyeon opened the door after hearing nine knocks. That's the pattern Jisoo uses whenever she visits them.

Knowing it was Jisoo, she didn't peek at the spy hole which was a huge mistake. Because Jisoo wasn't alone.

"What is that?" Jeongyeon asked right away, skipping the greetings.

"This is Al Fahl. I owe him to Nayeon since ages and because Jennie is busy I thought I would spend the day to get even with Nadong." Jisoo stepped into the apartment with him.

"Nayeon!" Jeongyeon called and the bunny dashed downstairs with a messy bun and loose tee.

"Yes?" Her eyes darted skeptically between her wife Jisoo and Al Fahl.

"Why did Jisoo bring a camel called Al Fahl to our home?" She folded her arms and squinted her eyes.

"Oh! She did? Took you long enough!" Nayeon grinned and hugged the camel.

"He's all yours now." Jisoo patted his hump.

Jeongyeon cleared her throat, interrupting them in petting the camel.

"It goes without saying that we are not keeping him." She said firmly.

"But--"

"No buts! Get dressed, we are returning him!"

"Returning him?" Jisoo repeated with a raised brow. "That will be hard."

"We will manage." Jeongyeon shrugged and dragged the two along with the camel outside on the road to bring back the animal.

*****

"Maeng, why are you writing down recordings in your free time?" Jennie asked her assistant purposefully in a loud tone. The other workers glanced at them.

Once Jennie was sure she had their attention she gave Maeng a friendly smile.

"B-Because you said only the weak take breaks, Mrs. Kim?" Maeng asked fearfully.

"I don't recall that. You should take a break Maeng. A long one." Jennie responded clearly and clicked her tongue.

"Are you firing me!?" Maeng's face fell and her voice was raised.

"What--"

"Please don't fire me Mrs. Kim! I have a bird to feed! I can not be homeless again!"

Maeng's pleas for mercy made everyone whisper while giving Jennie looks. Her plan to be nice backfired.