*50*

Balancing work and family in a competitive society like Jennie lives in is difficult. Especially as somebody in a high position. Although even small part time workers have it hard to take care of their family while doing jobs where they might not earn as much, yet spend a lot of time for.

The amount of times she had to leave Jisu home alone with a babysitter were not few. At least this time Jisoo assured her to look after her with her utmost attention.

"She sleeps at eight, food is in the fridge, remind her to do her homework, read her a bedtime--"

"Jennie I got this." She dropped her hands on the brunette's shoulders who seemed out of breath. "Seriously, you already wrote each and every detail of what I have to do down. You even made a PowerPoint presentation and yes I did take additional notes."

Jennie stared at her for a few seconds longer than necessary with her feline eyes. It's something she did a lot lately.

"If something, anything happens, call me." Jennie stated firmly.

"Understood." Jisoo smiled and planted a kiss on her left cheek.

"I'm no baby." Jisu chirped up. They had to look below to see her.

"You are." Jennie bent down and pulled her in her arms.

"Nooo.." Jisu whined. "I'm almost seven years old..."

"Right. Such an old granny." Jennie giggled and showered her with kisses all over her soft face.

Jisu didn't struggle against her but she did stop her at one point because she could miss her flight.

They bid farewells and Jennie moved to her chauffeur who was waiting downstairs. He drove her to the airport and carried her luggages.

"Taehyung." Jennie called. "You are early."

The golden haired man leaned against the concrete wall as he waited for her outside. "The early bird catches the worm." He mumbled, putting his hands in his suits pockets.

He was looking nervous for some reason and when Jennie heard another voice she understood why.

"Yo Nini!" Her ex grinned at her, showing up out of nowhere. "Ready to travel together?"

"Um what?" She fixed a glare at Taehyung.

"..I told him he was supposed to go with the public plane but he said he lost his tickets." Taehyung cleared his throat.

"Is that so? How did you lose them?" Jennie questioned.

"It was raining and the wind kinda stole them from me. By the time I catched up it was completely soaked." Jimin sighed. "I'm such a klutz." He pouted.

Jennie rolled her eyes. "Fine. You can sit in the back."

He happily entered her private jet and took the first seat he saw.

"I said in the bac-- Never mind. I'll sit in the back." Jennie huffed and went all the way to the other side.

"Then you'll be all alone." Jimin called. "Isn't that boring? Play cards with me and Tae."

"Pass. I'm sleeping." Taehyung crossed his arms and let his body sink into his seat as he closed his eyes.

"So just me and you?" Jimin asked Jennie.

The brunette put Airpods in her ear and ignored his voice before she leaned her cheek against the window.

Jennie survived the day without interacting with Jimin. Only when they got in touch with their business partner, she had to interchange words with him. He was acting mature and more motivated than what Jisu told him he was like with her. It confused her but maybe he just had a bad day.