*39*

Jennie put on a hoodie and freshened up. Then she brushed her hair and went to the kitchen to make breakfast.

Fried eggs sunny side up with bacon.

She was in a great mood because of her last date with Jisoo.

She hummed a song and cut some tomatoes, as well as basil to pair it with toasted bread.

"Good morning." Her little girl arrived due to her empty stomach.

"Morning sweetheart." Jennie smiled and picked up a tomato piece which she held to Jisu's mouth.

"You are not in the office..?" The small girl slipped the tomato into her mouth.

"Nope. That's the advantage of being in a position where you have others work for you."

Jennie lifted the pan and rolled the warm food to Jisu's plate.

Jisu immediately poked the egg with the fork.

"Eat bread as well." Jennie gave her the bread after she removed the crust.

"Delicious.." Jisu munched.

"Slower baby. You could choke." Jennie wiped the breadcrumbs at the corner of her mouth away with a tissue.

Suddenly the doorbell rang.

"Is that Jisoo?" She asked while biting the bacon. "I hope it is."

"Eat first baby then talk."

"Sowy."

It rang again.

"How do I look?" Jennie took her specs off as well as her hair tie.

"Like always?" Jisu didn't understand the question. "Except with a cute apron."

The brunette removed the apron and draped it over a chair.

Another ring.

Jisu casted Jennie a puzzled look.

"Do you not want to open? Should I?"

Jennie shook her head and slowly walked to the door.

She raked her fingers through her hair and opened the door.

"Hi Jis--"

The words died on her tongue.

She rubbed her eyes.

Is she dreaming?

"Hey Nini." The voice that sounds so seductive to her ears, as if being given a sip of wine spoke.

She blinked.

"It's been a while."

Jisu hopped down the chair and tilted her head to look at the man she never saw before.

"I was around and thought I'd say hi--"

"...How do you know where I live?" Jennie narrowed her eyes.

"It's written on the internet. You are kind of a big shot now--"

"Why did you come?"

She didn't want to see him ever again. He chose to leave so how dare he appear out of nowhere and act like nothing happened?

It only made her sick to her stomach.

"I thought we could catch up? I know I haven't been exactly the best boyfriend--"

"Ex fiancée." Jennie corrected with a click of her tongue.

"Not the best fiancée--"

"Or father." Jennie gave him lines.

"And father." The man scratched his neck. "But I wanted to apologise and be part of your life again. Both of yours." He took a peek at Jisu. "She looks just like you."

Jennie snorted.

"You think an apology is enough?? I had to carry and give birth to her on my own! You left me when I needed you! When we needed you!"

"I know it's not enough. I know, Nini." He looked her in the eyes. "I will spend the rest of my life regretting my decision. I was scared. I didn't think I was ready to have a child but now I am."

"Pretty convenient." Jennie folded her arms.

"I'm sorry." He bowed 45 degree. "I will make it up to you."

"Go away." She scowled.

She couldn't deal with this so early in the morning.

"Please Nini--"

"Don't call me that! Go away!"

The outburst made Jisu flinch.

"Everything okay there?" Jisoo opened her door and inspected them sharply.

"Everything is fine." He cleared his throat. "I see you need some more time." He gave Jennie an empathetic look. "I'll be back another time."

"Don't you ever come back!" Jennie screamed after him like a mad woman.

"Are you okay?" Jisoo asked softly in her tank top and loose check pants.

Jennie's eyes were filling with tears and her bottom lip trembled.

"Who was that?" Jisu strolled to them and tugged on Jennie's hoodie. "Did he make you sad?" She frowned.

Jennie chuckled lightly seeing the serious expression on Jisu's face.

"That was someone I used to know."

"You used to?" Many questions filled Jisu's head.

"Yeah or rather, I thought I knew him but he turned out to be someone I couldn't depend on."

"If he bothers you again don't hesitate to call for me. I will come with my white belt and all." Jisoo guaranteed.

"White." Jennie echoed with a smile.

"Hey I still remember that one technique and you know what Bruce Lee said, I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." Jisoo quoted.

"You practiced one kick ten thousand times?" Jisu inquired in awe.

"Um... maybe not exactly that number, but it's the thought that counts!" She claimed.

"Right." Jisu laughed.

Jennie knew they were trying to cheer her up and she appreciated that. It made her feel the love all around her.

She feels complete just like this.

And Jimin couldn't give her that.