*31*

A day has passed since they went to the woods.

The kids, Chaeyoung and Lisa returned to the house with only minimal scratches because apparently Yuna was trying to climb on a tree but once she was up, she didn't know how to get down. They all tried climbing to get her back with no success until Ryujin told her to jump and caught her.

That was really it.

Jeongyeon was able to identify Seungyoon and Seunghoon. They caught them because they remembered the car license after the shooting. There were drugs inside, so they were jailed easily. The court asked the police to allow them as witnesses which they granted.

They seemed to have all the luck on their side until Jeongyeon informed them the creepy hut the kids told them about was gone. As if it was swallowed by the ground. Only grass is remaining, and no house in that area was registered at all.

***

"Jennie! Rosie! Look! We are here! To suppport you!"

Jennie wanted the ground to swallow her whole just like that house was.

Did they have to embarrass her like that?

"Oh my look at that judge! This is like so real! Cool!" Lisa spoke unnecessarily loudly to Jisoo.

"Vote for Attorney Kim!" Jisoo swang her foam finger around while Lisa held up the poster they made for Jennie that said exactly that.

Is this really happening? Who invited them?

"Jisoo you are embarrassing Jennie!" Nayeon intervened.

Jennie nodded to herself. At least Nayeon understands how to act in public.

"--I told you two there is no jury here, now we look like fools asking people for votes!" Nayeon finished her line.

Scratch Jennie's previous statement. They are all embarrassing her and no one knows how to behave.

In South Korea the defendant has the right to file a motion for jury trial prior to the commencement of the court's first trial session in criminal cases only. If the defendant does not appeal for jury trial, then jury trial will not be held.

"Well we can still ask the judge for votes," Jennie heard the Thai say before Lisa and Jisoo suddenly walked to the judge and gave him candy.

"Is this an act of bribery?" The judge who was seated on a raised platform in front of the courtroom looked at them sharply.

Jennie immediately rushed to the two and pulled them by their collars.

"My apologies your honor!"

She dragged them harshly back to their seats in the audience next to Nayeon and glared at them.

"I don't want to hear a word from any of you, got it?"

They nodded and did a hand motion to signal their lips were sealed.

The tension left Jennie's body as she managed to crack a smile.

She went back to her seat next to Chaeyoung and opened her suitcase to drop the files she needs on the table.

"I'm kinda nervous, are you kinda nervous?" Chaeyoung mumbled.

"Don't worry, I got--"

The words died on her tongue the second she saw him walk inside with his suit and suitcase. It felt like the air left her lungs.

There is no way.

The prestigious lawyer her assistants warned her about is him!?

"Jennie are you okay?" Chaeyoung poked her shoulder.