*13*

Jennie woke up in her soft bed. Judging by the lack of light, it must have already been evening. She took a deep breath.

What was she doing here? She tried to remember.

Right. She was stuck in the elevator with Jisoo. They were freed, she kissed the ground and then it turned black. Hearts, she saw a heart before it turned black.

A blush crept up her cheeks as she thought of what she and Jisoo did-- but hold on. Maybe it was just a dream.

If it was merely a dream, she wouldn't know whether it was a good dream or a nightmare. Both?

"She didn't! Hahaha!"

"She did! You should have seen it!"

Chattering came from the living room. The laughs of two people.

One should be her daughter but who was the other? A robber? Oh no. Has she told her daughter not to speak to criminals? She might have forgotten that.

She threw the blanket away, put on a pair of slippers that lied on the floor and stormed to the living room. The lights and television were turned on as two figures sat on the couch.

Of course they heard her steps.

"Mommy!" Jisu jumped down and ran into her arms. Jennie engulfed her tiny frame in a warm embrace, lifting her up and pressing her close to her body.

"Are you okay now, mommy?" Jisu asked, burying her head in her shoulder. She was as clingy as Jennie. "You fainted."

"Oh... is that so? I feel good, don't worry." Jennie smiled softly.

"I don't want to ruin the moment," A husky voice spoke up. "But I think it's better if you rest a little longer. Also you need to drink."

"Jisoo?" Jennie asked. "What are you doing here?" She couldn't look at the other without rosy cheeks.

"Well, I had a friend check up on you. Apparently you were exhausted. I guess it was the lack of oxygen and water, plus you were pretty stressed... When he left I thought it wouldn't harm to wait until you are awake." She rubbed her nape sheepishly. "I'm going to go now... Don't forget to drink."

"Don't go!" Jisu pulled on Jennie's sweater, motioning her to put her down.

That's when Jennie realised she was still wearing Jisoo's sweater. Her ears heated up.

Jennie was confused but she placed her daughter down who then walked to Jisoo.

"You still wanted to teach me how to balance water bottles on my shoulder." Jisu exclaimed, making Jisoo smile and Jennie narrow her eyes.

"Another time." Jisoo patted her head. "You need to sleep and your mommy needs rest too."

Jisu nodded sadly but she understood. "You are right..."

"Jisu sweetie, please wash up and head to bed." Jennie called, making both of them turn their heads to her.

Ah, seems like they have a little problem there.

"Um, Jisu as in my daughter." Jennie clarified. "...This could become problematic in the future, so when Jisoo is here, our neighbour Jisoo I mean, I will call you Julia." She looked to the little one who nodded.

"Julia?" Jisoo questioned. Although she wanted to talk about the fact that Jennie said future, meaning she was still going to see Jisoo after this.

"My English name." Jisu explained. "Call me Lia for short."

"You have an English name? Cute." Jisoo awed.