*1*

Disappointment is something Jennie Kim experienced many times in her life. She was no stranger to the frustration it can cause.

When her parents bought her chocolate ice cream over milk ice cream on her sixth birthday she was disappointed.

When her friends only hung out with her because of her popularity she was disappointed.

When she was forced to become a lawyer to keep the family tradition going she was disappointed.

But she was never as disappointed in her whole life as when her fiancé left her after she told him she was pregnant.

She was devastated, yet put on a blank face for the baby. Jennie has always been a strong woman. She was convinced she could raise this child by herself.

It was hard but she endured the pregnancy alone and gave birth to her daughter, Jisu. A beautiful baby. Once Jennie held her in her arms she knew she would dedicate her life for her baby.

Together with Jisu she moved into an apartment complex. Her old house reminded her too much of him.

No more relationships. No more partners. They will leave anyway. Jennie's focus is Jisu and Jisu alone.

She didn't feel like being in a relationship ever again.

That is until her next door neighbour knocked on her door to welcome her in her new home.

Being on the receiving end of her smile felt like being kissed by an angel. Something so pure, you want it to linger on you forever.

Jennie was mesmerised by her. She thought maybe she could give it another try but then she realised, her beautiful neighbour is also her annoying neighbour.

And when Jennie calls someone annoying, she means it.

This woman blasts TVXQ the whole day. If it was at least Bigbang Jennie could turn a blind eye to it but no. Her neighbour had no taste and she didn't want her daughter to grow up listening to TVXQ.

When she heard her daughter hum along to Purple Line she almost got a heart attack and it was all because of her neighbour, Kim Jisoo.

This neighbour of hers asks her for green oranges everyday. Why green oranges? They are called oranges for a reason! If they were green why not call them greens?

One day Jennie actually searched up green oranges and apparently they could be shipped to Korea. Therefore she ordered them immediately.

But she didn't do it for Jisoo! She just wanted her to stop annoying her.

Another thing about Jisoo is that she has to be crazy because no normal person would do their washings dressed in a chicken costume. Now imagine Jennie's reaction walking into that. She screamed. Because she didn't expect a giant chicken to be next to the shared washing machines.

Sometimes Jennie is worried to leave her house or let her daughter leave because if they do so they have to walk through the hallway and walking through the hallway means passing Jisoo's apartment.

Anything could happen when they do that.

Like the time Jisoo and her blonde friend greeted Jennie and her daughter dressed as monkeys, carrying green oranges. A blonde and raven monkey with green oranges! What was wrong with them? Why not bananas or at least normal oranges?! Jisu was so amused after seeing them, she wanted to go after them but Jennie held her back and told her to avoid these kind of weirdos in the future.

"Mommy?" The little girl tugged on the sleeves of Jennie's green sweater. "When I grow up I want to deliever oranges in a monkey costume too."

This was the last straw.

Jennie's mouth formed an 'o' shape. She was completely speechless, hence she took her hand and led her outside quickly. She drove her off to kindergarten and drove back in such speed one could think she was trying to cause a traffic accident. She hoped by now Jisoo was back.

She was going to speak her mind. And she will be ruthless.

Therefore she used the elevator instead of the stairs because she was that eager to scream in her face. She pushed on a button and the elevator opened.

But to her surprise Jisoo was inside that elevator with her grocery bags, greeting her with a bright smile.

"You!" Jennie said furiously and went inside the elevator before the doors closed.

"You back." Jisoo's warm smile blinded Jennie.

Jennie frowned grumpily.

"Stop smiling at me!! Why are you always so happy? Why do you always listen to TVXQ? Bigbang is way better! Why do you have to walk around in a monkey costume!? Why do you ask me for oranges everyday? Why does my daughter want to be a monkey? It's all your fault!" The cat-eyed girl rambled down in one breath.

Jisoo's smile didn't falter.

"Those were a lot of question." She noted and pushed the button with the number 8 to get to their rooms.

"And are you going to answer them?" Jennie folded her arms and glared at her.

"If you want me to." Jisoo stated with her husky voice.

So Jennie waited but Jisoo just kept smiling at her.

"Now." Jennie rolled her eyes.

Jisoo was about to open her mouth when the elevator stopped.

Panic overcame Jennie's face and anxiety crawled up her skin. She squirmed in her spot before she crouched down in the corner of the elevator.

It started to shake a little, then it stopped moving completely, earning a shriek from the brunette. "Quick! Sit down!" She yelled.

"Jennie," The brunette turned her face and saw the raven sitting next to her on the ground. "Calm down." She put a hand on her shoulder and gave it a reassuring squeeze. "You don't have to sit down, we barely passed the first floor."

Jennie's face turned red and she tilted it away from Jisoo in embarrassment.

The elder stood up and pressed the emergency button.

"Well, seems like we have to wait it out."

Tight spaces terrified Jennie.

"You okay?" Jisoo asked when she noticed how pale Jennie's face became. She was unusually quiet and didn't scream at her.

Jennie didn't answer, so Jisoo scooted closer next to her once again, laying her grocery bag on the ground. She yanked an arm around Jennie's shoulder and pulled her into a silent but warm hug.

Jennie's muscles tensed before they melted into Jisoo's warmth. Unintentionally she nestled her head in the crook of her neck. She was simply drawn to her warmth like a moth to a flame. It calmed her down.

"Everything is fine," Jisoo rubbed her back with soothing patterns. "I got you."

This was going to be the longest elevator ride she ever experienced.