*48*

"So you had fun while sailing?" Jennie zipped up the jacket of her daughter.

She hummed in response. "It was nice but he was a little absentminded."

A frown crossed Jennie's face. Did she already expect too much from him? Perhaps he shouldn't get to take her out of reach after all.

"And what did you do?" Jisu asked as she moved into the backseat of Jennie's car. The blood rushed to the elder's face.

"Oh... Nothing much!" Jennie shrugged. "Me and Jisoo just tried to buy chocolate muffins but we failed hard... How about you come sit in the front just for today?" She spoke fast to prevent her from sitting there.

The windows were rolled all the way down but she still had to get the car cushions replaced and the car bleached.

"Really?" Jisu beamed and lifted her butt before it could drop on the backseat.

"Yes and take your safety seat with you." Jennie instructed, making Jisu hurriedly place it on the passenger seat while Jennie lifted her from her hips and buckled her seatbelt up.

The brunette drove to the orphanage because Jisu was meeting up with her friends to play. Then Jisoo will drive her home because she was present to help out anyway.

Jennie halted the car and stepped out to help Jisu get out. "Do you want me to come in with you?"

"Why not." Jisu reached up for her hand and walked beside her to the gate. "You can play with the adults."

Jennie chuckled softly and squeezed her hand. "Right."

Inside the building Jisu instantly went to play with her friends. Meanwhile Jennie brightened up at the sight of Jisoo greeting her with a wide smile.

"Hey there." She pulled Jennie into a hug that she gladly reciprocated.

"Hey." Jennie pressed her forehead against the other's as they pulled apart from the hug.

"Jis, do you know where the black pepper is--"

A beauitful woman turned on her heels the second she saw the two of them in an intimate position. "Oh, I'll just search for it myself." She quickly excused herself.

"No wait." Jisoo called her, surprising Jennie. "I'll show you." Then she took a step back to introduce them. "Jennie this is Soojoo, she is holding this whole place together."

The one Jennie has heard of before. One of Jisoo's two friends who run this place, the other being Eunwoo. She looked too ethereal for her liking. Why are they so handsome?

"Nice to finally meet you." Soojoo flashed Jennie a friendly grin. "Jisoo told me a lot about you." She spoke almost teasingly.

"Did she?" Jennie eyed Jisoo suspicously who just shrugged innocently. "She didn't speak a lot about you." Yes there was no need to say that but it somehow left her mouth on its own accord.

Soojoo turned to Jisoo and gave her a look but Jisoo scrunched up her nose to make her shut up.

"What?" Jennie asked warily of that exchange.

"Uh, Soojoo and I used to be married. I guess I really didn't talk about her much." Jisoo scratched her nape.

"MARRIED!?" Jennie's eyes popped wide.

How could Jisoo have not told her that!? And why did she confess that so casually like it's no big deal??

"It was a dare and we were super drunk so we dumbly did it..! We filed a divorce the same day... Perhaps even hour. So no big deal..." Jisoo quickly added.

"I'm going back to the kitchen..." Soojoo smiled nervously. "Feel free to join me if you are done talking and are still in one piece." The last part was mainly aimed for Jisoo.

Once Soojoo was gone, Jennie pulled Jisoo into a random room which turned out to be the storeroom.

"Are there any more ex wives I have to beware of??" Jennie said as a joke but Jisoo's silence made her gasp in shock. "Jisoo!"

"Nayeon kinda." Jisoo admitted nervously.

"WHAT!??" That shook Jennie even more than the information about Soojoo.

"No way! I don't believe you..!" Jennie ran a hand through her hair. "Does Jeongyeon know?"

"She performed the ceremony even." Jisoo said regretful.

"This is a lot to take."

Jennie didn't actually know what to think about it. Sure she knew Jisoo has dated women before but she didn't know she divorced them. Is she going to end up like one of them? Being dumped out of nowhere was a big fear of hers after what Jimin pulled on her.

"If it makes you feel better, she dumped me after I drank her orange juice." The raven exclaimed.

"Huh......? What do you mean?" Jennie raised her eyebrows.

"Her mom pressed out fresh orange juice. She put it in that cool Pikachu bottle so I just had to steal it during recess, and she got really mad at me." Jisoo reminisced. "We didn't like each other anyway. We only did it because we watched some movie and tried to imitate the wedding sce---"

"Wait, wait... Jisoo how old were you?" Jennie interrupted.

"Three I think." Jisoo responded, making Jennie frown.

"Idiot!" Jennie punched her shoulder. "You need to clarify stuff like that from the beginning!"

"Sorry.." Jisoo took a step backwards but hit the wall since the storage room was tiny.

"So basically both of those times weren't serious?" Jennie concluded. Although she wonders if Soojoo feels the same way. "And there is nothing more you have to tell me about past marriages?"

"Nope." Jisoo said honestly. "That's it."

"And you officially got divorced with Soojoo?" Jennie pried.

"Yes." Jisoo confirmed. "I swear we are friends. Nothing more."

"You didn't kiss?"

"Cute question, and we in fact did not. You know what I'm like when I'm drunk right? According to Nayeon I bored her so much she wanted the divorce even in her drunk state." Jisoo answered.

Jennie had to laugh a little at that but she bit her inner cheek to restrain it.

"Okay." Jennie huffed a sigh. "I understand. However I don't want you to drink that much again. Can you do that?"

"Promise." Jisoo smiled and snaked her arms around Jennie's hips. "This is much better anyway." She hovered her lips inches away from Jennie's, her warm breath was hitting the plump lips of the brunette. The raven abruptly pulled back after glancing into Jennie's orbs. She could sense that she wasn't in the mood.

"Are you mad?" Jisoo reached for her hand and traced her knuckles tenderly.

"I'm not mad. I'm surprised, is all." Jennie pouted. "If she was less pretty......" She mumbled in a whiny tone.

So Jisoo cupped her chubby cheeks and planted a lingering kiss on Jennie's forehead that made her toes curl. "You are the most beautiful."