*55*

Ever since Jisoo moved in things have changed in their household. The little changes amused Jisu.

For one Jennie seemed to blush more often, Dalgom and Kuma played together a lot which meant Dalgom was sitting and Kuma kept bumping him like a bully, the temperature in the apartment became colder because Jisoo had to cool her computers. The upside of that was getting to play her games.

Jennie inspected every game and played them first before deeming them as appropriate enough for her daughter, like Overwatch.

"Heal me Jisoo!" Jennie commanded.

"I'm trying!" Jisoo tried to assure her as she moved her character Mercy. "I almost— Oh, I'm dead." She deadpanned.

"You need to look around yourself better! They are lurking in every corner!" Jennie scolded.

The brunette was getting really competitive which made Jisoo more weary of dying.

"Healing is so difficult...." Jisoo sighed.

Jennie used the character Genji. She swiftly striked through the enemies with her sword to kill Jisoo's murderer.

"Got you!" Jennie spat out and threw shuriken on him when he was on the ground. "Die! Die! Die!"

"Calm down—" Jisoo squeezed her shoulder but Jennie kept throwing the shuriken as she shrugged Jisoo's touch off.

"That was an overkill..." Jisoo muttered.

"Write down his ID, I will kill him again." Jennie said.

"Isn't that too much. Let's play something else—"

"No! He killed you once, so I will kill him twice." Jennie scowled.

"I'm flattered you wish to avenge me, but I get destroyed all the time and I don't want you to become a serial killer for me." Jisoo humoured and dropped her controller to circle an arm around Jennie's hips.

"Too late, I already am." Jennie purred, leaning into Jisoo's shoulder. The raven was starting to become effortless at making the other relax.

"Is it my fault?" Jisoo husked into her ear.

"Definitely." Jennie nodded and nestled her head into the crook of her neck. "I think I would hurt someone for you."

"Tiny you?" Jisoo planted a tender kiss on her temple.

"Yes. Tiny me, for tiny you." Jennie hummed, sending vibrations through Jisoo's skin.

"How?" Jisoo teased.

"I can bust kneecaps." Jennie threatened.

"I can see that." Jisoo chuckled, only slightly afraid. "But I think it's hotter when you recite law to be honest." The raven admitted.

"Hot?" Jennie tilted her head.

"Very hot." Jisoo confirmed.

Suddenly they felt weight on their backs and small whines, extinguishing the heat between them in the blink of an eye.

"Can I play now?" Jisu pleaded hanging between their heads as she grabbed their shoulders to balance her body on them.

"Absolutely not." Jennie turned around and made her sit on her lap. "I permit no game with violence, at least until you surpass the age restriction."

"Please mom!" Jisu whined.

"No means no." Jennie patted her head. "We can play the other games though. Like the quiz game and the one with the cars."

"Mario Kart 8 Deluxe?" Jisu deduced.

Jennie nodded.

"Okay, let's play." Jisu looked at Jisoo anticipating.

Jisoo turned the Playstation off before she turned the Switch on. She gave the two steering wheels as well as pedals, thereafter she inserted the game.

Jennie ranked #1

Lia ranked #3

Jisoo ranked #7

"Jisoo you need to throw items at other players." Jennie lectured.

"I tried... but I accidentally keep throwing backwards." Jisoo defended and threw herself on her bed in defeat. She might play a lot but that doesn't mean she wins a lot.

Kuma climbed on Jisoo's body and seemed to be inspecting her with sniffs.

"She's alive Kuku, don't worry." Jennie told the dog in English.

The dog's ears perked up and he went back to Jisu's lap where Dalgom was lying lazily. The little girl grabbed a ball toy and threw it.

Dalgom didn't budge one bit but Kuma bumped him and ran after the ball.

"Kuma that's rude." Jisu told him and walked after the dog. She left the room and proceeded to play ball with him.

"He thinks he is a big dog," Jisoo informed Jennie. "He even scares me at night. If I merely do so much as glance at you or touch your arm he will scowl at me. Like this." Jisoo mimicked his oh so terrifying face.

"Maybe he can read your mind and doesn't like what he is seeing." Jennie giggled and dropped her head on Jisoo's comfortable soft shoulder.

"Or he is just a mommy's boy." Jisoo raised her hand and played with Jennie's cheek.

"Unlike your dog." Jennie teased. Dalgom had the most blank expression carved in his face, he couldn't look more exhausted if he tried. "Sometimes I'm worried about him, then I take him in my arms and he smiles."

"Are you insinuating he doesn't smile with me? That's false right Dalgomie?" She cooed, lifting the dog up to give him kisses.

"He isn't even reacting!" Jennie laughed.

"He is just sleepy!" Jisoo defended. Jennie's mouth opened but Jisoo spoke first. "And no you don't have to try holding him to prove me wrong."

Jennie grinned before she turned to stare at Dalgom. "Be nicer to your mom, okay? She deserves everything we can give her and that includes our smiles." The cat-eyed girl tapped the nose of the maltese, making his mouth curl upwards.

"He really likes you more." Jisoo placed the dog down, he went back to his blanket slowly.

"No." Jennie cupped Jisoo's cheeks to remove her sour expression. Suddenly she didn't feel like being right anymore. "He just doesn't realise how much luck he has with you giving him free cuddles. He is spoiled and privileged."

The elder chuckled sheepishly. "That's okay. I don't insist on receiving the same treatment I give."

The brunette planted a peck on her moist lips. "I insist." She placed another kiss on her nose and drew circles on her cheeks with her thumbs. "Love you."

"Ditto." Jisoo smiled brightly and hugged Jennie's squishy body.

"Remember when you asked me to meet your parents? I chickened out." Jennie remarked out of nowhere. "But I'm ready now."

"Really?" Jisoo arched a brow and dropped her hands to hold Jennie's hips.

"Anytime." Jennie nodded.

"Are you sure you want to?" Jisoo tensed up. "Like you could meet anyone's parents, have anyone move in with you or date you. Are you really sure you want that person to be me?" She asked weakly.

"What's with that now?" Jennie frowned. Her eyes shimmering intensely. "You are the one I love, not anyone else. Did I say something wrong?"

"No!" Jisoo denied. "....I'm just feeling happy. But the happier I feel, the more I ask myself if this is going to be a lasting feeling. It scares me to think it could be permanent."

"It's not permanent." Jennie whispered, nuzzling her nose against Jisoo's cheek. "I want you to-- No, you will be my last try at love."

A thousand colourful sparks glew in Jisoo's eyes after that sincere confession.

"Same." She said softly.

"So you are fine now?" Jennie asked to make sure.

"More than fine." She offered her another bright smile. "I'm excited for you to meet my family. They will love you."