*56*

Barbecue in the garden of Jisoo's parents means sitting under the scorching sun, bugs singing around you in anticipation to the juicy smell of meat and kids playing on the grass.

Jennie took Jisu with her because Yeji was present and they like hanging out with the other.

Jisoo's mom was as breathtaking as expected. The only factor that Jennie didn't calculate was Jisoo's father.

She expected him to appear like a dazzling gentleman but reality is.... he just looks very big.

"Does your father hate me?" Jennie whispered into Jisoo's ear. They were sitting at the table with the adults, waiting for Jisoo's father to heat the meat.

"Why would you even think that? He doesn't hate anybody." Jisoo chuckled, hearing that ridiculous question.

"He is staring while flipping the meat, it looks threatening...." Jennie pursed her lips into a thin line.

Before Jisoo could laugh further at the mere idea of her father threatening anyone, Jisoo's mother chirped in.

"You look so slim, you should eat a lot." She awed at Jennie's porcelain skin, yet felt worry for her. "Jisoo do you not make her eat?"

"She already does eat a lot mom-"

"Hey what does that mean?" Jennie pouted.

"It wasn't supposed to mean anything. Just that you are healthy enough." Jisoo cleared up her confusion.

"Nonsense both of you should eat more." Jisoo's mother made Jisoo's father heat up the biggest pieces for them. Joohyun poured them some lemonade in whereas Seulgi placed paper plates down.

"We prepared vegetables." Jennie offered them a tupperbox full of vegetables on skewers.

"Oh that looks great. Thank you sweetie." Jisoo mother smiled at Jennie. "Dear, will you broil them a bit?" She asked her husband who nodded silently.

"Play tag with us!" Yeji requested from everybody. Joohyun turned to look at Seulgi who therefore was forced to volunteer being their playmate.

"Here you go." Jisoo's mother stuffed Jennie's plate full.

Jennie forced an awkward smile and started to eat as everyone was staring at her like they were watching an animal in the zoo.

"It tastes great." Jennie praised awkwardly and cut the juicy pieces slowly with her knife.

Jisoo's mom smiled approvingly. "Now that that's settled, let's move on to another topic."

The lawyer was confused when Jisoo seemed to tense up and asked her mother not to say anything strange to Jennie.

"Do you plan on getting married soon?" Her mom completely ignored Jisoo's plea. "Who is going to carry? How many? I'm sure eight more would do."

The meat got stuck in Jennie's throat as she choked, her eyes popping wide. She coughed and hit her chest before the others started to move concerned.

"Drink!" Jisoo tried to offer her water but was in such a rush that she accidentally let the water splash in Jennie's face. "Shit! Sorry Jen!"

Turns out it was water with lemon taste, meaning now Jennie's eyes are burning and she only sees their blurry panicking figures.

"Here!" Jisoo's mom handed her a paper towel to clean up the mess but Jisoo only made it spread further on Jennie's clothes. Joohyun walked behind her and hit her back repeatedly, but to no avail.

Jennie coughed loudly and had difficulty breathing. Her face turned pale.

Before she lost all feeling Jisoo's dad walked silently over to them and gave Jennie one precise and hard push on her chest that made her spit out the food.