*22*

With chilly temperatures and cloudy, but dry weather the three walked until they reached a bridge where a small fire in a box illuminated the faces of a few strangers.

"I'm going to ask them for directions." Jisoo said.

"Are you crazy?" Jennie frowned. "They are so going to kill you."

"Either we ask them or raise our arms and wait for a driver to take us with them."

"I will not enter the vehicle of a stranger again." Jennie said adamantly. "Fine, ask them but be careful."

"Acho!" Jisu sneezed.

"Are you cold?" Jennie squeezed her hand.

Jisu shook her head. While the elders were busy talking she played with the bobblehead.

"Hey," One of the tramps whistled. "Come here, the fire is warm."

"No thank you, we are good." Jennie claimed.

"Do you want to buy some oranges?" Another one with a grey beanie showed up next to them, holding a bag full of fruits.

"No."

"They are really good." He wiggled his eyebrows and cut Jennie off.

"Do you have green oranges?" Jisoo asked, facing the man unlike Jennie who would rather run.

"Aren't oranges orange?" The man asked. "I can paint them for you." He suggested.

"Don't mind her. She's weirdly obsessed with those." Jennie dismissed.

Jisu sneezed again.

"You can take my jacket." Jisoo offered.

"I'm good." Jisu shook her head. "Plus it's too big for me."

Jennie sighed and took Jisu's hand to walk to the fire.

"It's getting dark." Jisoo whispered in her ear, trailing behind them.

"I can see." Jennie rolled her eyes.

"You don't seem poor. Are you lost?" A white haired man questioned.

"No." Jennie lied. "It's just that my phone's battery is empty."

"If you want to make a call, there is a callbox over there." The main pointed to the left. It wasn't visible at first sight due to the dark.

Jennie's eyes lit up.

"Thank you." She said and moved towards it.

"Do you even have money?" Jisoo asked.

"Of course. I might have forgotten my purse but there is still money in my pants pocket." Jennie said and used a coin to make a call.

Her fingers reached for the numbers but then she stopped.

"...."

"What's wrong?" Jisoo furrowed eyebrows.

"You need to press mommy." Jisu explained.

"...I don't remember a call number." Jennie admitted, her head hanging low.

"Oh, well that's..."

"Sad, I know." Jennie finished Jisoo's sentence. "You call someone."

"Leave it to me."

...

"Nyong--" Jisoo started after her call was accepted but was interrupted.

"I don't want to do a survey. Sorry." Her friend hung up.

"...." Jisoo still held the receiver against her ear, being surprised that the call already ended.