*54*

The initial shock Seulgi received, left as soon as Jeongyeon continued the sentence. They were at the hospital because Jennie's ex husband had an overdose.

"Where is my baby?" Jennie met Jimin in the address he sent her as message. Needlessly to say Jisoo accompanied her. The brunette looked around but Jimin was alone in the alleyway.

"H-Here." Jimin's eyes were bloodshot, he pointed to a nearby plant he placed on the dirty ground. "The money...?"

Jisoo wrapped an arm around Jennie's waist and pulled her to her side. "We should leave."

Jennie nodded in agreement. Clearly Jimin wasn't in a clear state of mind.

"Jimin do those loan sharks know about my daughter?"

"Do they know? They do know!" He laughed. "They know she is a.... a kid? One year old? Maybe?" He chuckled and hugged the plant. "I showed them this.... our kid..."

"What is that?" Jennie's eyes darted to the white powder on the ground.

"Why didn't you just take me back?" Jimin ignored her question. "You finally got your husband and a baby daddy. Shouldn't you be happy?" He grimaced bitterly.

"Seriously, get help. You are a mess." She blinked.

Seconds later he collapsed. Jennie was frozen but Jisoo acted quickly. She dragged his body to the car and drove him to the nearest hospital with Jennie following her speechlessly.

*****

"So he didn't make it." Jennie muttered as Jisoo drove them to their apartments.

"Are you sad?" Jisoo inquired.

Most people would definitely be affected by such a scene. Having to carry a nearly dead man to the hospital only for him to pass away. Jisoo wasn't most people however. Rarely anything was enough to touch her heart and shake it to the point she feels tears well up in her eyes.

Jennie on the other hand-

"I don't know." She pressed her cheek against the cold window and closed her eyes.

Sure she wanted him gone... but that doesn't mean she wished him death. Her heart would never be able to carry so much hate. At this point she was pretty much indifferent towards him... Yet she would lie if she said it doesn't affect her one bit. She is not that cold.

"I think I'm sad." She mumbled lowly. "For him. Everyone deserves to start over somewhere else. It's sad that he doesn't have that opportunity anymore."

Jisoo didn't have any response to hand out that didn't spite the man. For Jennie's she tried not to be insensitive. She responded with silence, lifting her right hand to move it on the brunette's shoulder.

Jennie went to bed when they reached her apartment, not before Jisoo convinced her to just sleep it out while she would look after Lia. Jennie didn't think she was old enough to learn about an overdose yet, so she would tell her years later about this incident.

A week later Jennie already felt better. She did attend his funeral and bid farewell. She also apologised for the way it turned out between them.

The sudden death of him did give her one reminder though. She had to look more at her loved ones and cherish everyday like it's their last.

With newfound spirit Jennie marched to Jisoo. She was going to scold her, however she didn't want to argue for now because she was not done being grateful for the other's presence in her life. Thus she tried to speak her concern, as friendly as possible.

"Jisoo, my love." Jennie purred and wrapped an arm around her waist. "Remember when I told you not to let my baby watch that animal channel?"

Jisoo understood right away where Jennie was going with this. "What's so bad about animals? She liked it."

"It's full of violence my love." The brunette exclaimed calmly.

Jennie watched it once but changed the channel instantly after seeing a predator rip a deer into bloody pieces, even eating the bones and horns.

"A little blood isn't that bad, is it?" Jisoo shrugged.

"That's not all." Jennie shook her head. "There has been an uncomfortable conversation."

"Mommy what is a penis?" Jisu asked ever so innocently like she was asking for the definition of the word rice.

Jennie's eyes popped wide, her mouth gaped. "What...?"

"What's a pee-nis?" Jisu repeated. "In that documentary the Komodo dragon had two peni-"

"No way!" Jisoo bursted out in laughter. "Two!? That's somehow amazing!" She kept laughing so hard that Jennie almost slipped out of her nice attitude to slap her. But she managed to calm herself down with deep breaths.

"Please do not further expose such content to her innocent eyes." Jennie pursed her lips together and pulled back from the hug. "Did we come to a mutual understanding, love?"

"Uh, yeah we did come to a mutual understanding?" Jisoo raised her eyebrows and stared at Jennie dumbfounded. "Are you okay though? You are acting funny."

"Of course I am. You are here and my baby is here. I couldn't be more okay." Jennie confirmed. "Even so I do have another matter that I have to discuss with you."

"I'm all ears." Jisoo leaned forward and kissed the tip of Jennie's nose for no reason.

The cat-eyed woman smiled in bliss. That little action gave her the confidence boost she needed.

"Do you want to move in with me?"

Jisoo's eyes largened as she stared at Jennie surprised.

This got Jennie nervous. She felt self conscious and her body heatened. "Um, because we live nextdoor anyway... and you practically already live here so I thought-"

"Yes." Jisoo smiled, cutting Jennie off.

"Yes?" Jennie echoed. Her guts felt like they were ready to spill over. "You want to?"

Jisoo nodded and pulled Jennie in for another hug. "Why would I not? I love you and I want to stay as close to you as possible." She squished their cheeks together.

Then they heard the toilet flushing and the bathroom door open as the little girl entered the living room. "Oof that was one heavy poop!" She exclaimed exhausted and jumped on the couch. "Don't use the toilet for an hour or so."

Jennie's jaw dropped and she glared at Jisoo who looked innocently around. The more Jisoo looks after Lia, the more her language and behaviour changes.

"So did she say yes?" The little girl turned the TV on.

"Seconds ago." Jennie nodded, making her daughter smile.

"Great! I'm looking forward to it!" She grinned and picked Kuma up to cuddle with him.