*27*

Before Jennie turned the door knob, she heard loud rustling in her apartment. She immediately opened the door and ran into Jisu's room.

Her daughter was on the bed with closed eyes, facing the ceiling. The blanket was covering half of her body. Chaeyoung was standing next to the light switch and Lisa closed the open window.

"Did everything go fine?" Jennie asked suspiciously.

"Yes everything is fine!!" The two claimed strongly at the same time.

Everything is not fine.

«« Flashback start »»

"Man, that's fucked up."

"Lisa!" Chaeyoung pinched the side of her stomach. "Watch your language! She is a child!" She whisper shouted in her ear.

"Man, that sucks." Lisa corrected herself and looked concerned at Jisu. "But you know, it could have still been birds or something that scared you." The blonde suggested.

"We heard knocks." Jisu shook her head.

"I know a bird that can knock on doors with his head." Lisa rebutted. "In fact Rosie's fish can even give high fives."

"No way!" Jisu's face beamed in adoration. Maybe it really was just all in their heads.

"My Joohwangie is not just a fish. He is a god." Chaeyoung stated proudly.

"Yo, anyone there." A voice suddenly spoke up from underneath Jisu's pillow.

"A ghost!" Lisa panicked and hid behind Chaeyoung. "Take her and let me live! She is tastier! If I had to eat one of us, I'd choose her too--"

"What the f-- hel-- heck are you saying?!"

Jisu ignored their little quarrel and picked the walkie talkie up.

"Ryujin?"

"The one and only." Her voice dripped with sarcasm. It was easy to recognise for Jisu. "Have you seen Yeji?"

"Yeji? No. I'm still imprisoned. Is something wrong?"

"...I'm not sure? I was going to ask her that."

The elders stopped fighting and focused on the small one.

"Tell me." Jisu urged with worry. "Is it about Soobin?"

"Nah," Ryujin denied. "That's already settled. Yeji is suspended for a month and has to pay his hospital bill. If her mom wasn't so intimidating, surely Soobin's old geezer would have sucked much more out of them."

"I see.... so what's the problem?" She asked quizzical.

"I can't find Yuna and Chaeryeong. I thought maybe Yeji would know where they are but neither does she seem to respond."

"Wait is that one of the little girls you talked about?" Lisa asked excitedly like this was a show she was watching.

Jisu nodded.

"Hey Ryujin... you don't think they... they..."

"I was actually thinking about that...." Ryujin sounded angered. "I'm going to check."

"Wait. I'm coming with you, it's dangerous alone." Jisu said displeased.

"But you are caged. What is this? Are you going to attempt a prison break?" She taunted.

This had to be the longest conversation they ever had. If Jisu wasn't so worried about the girls, she would feel happy about it.

"Yeah. I even have accomplices. Wait for me okay?"