*10*

The rays of the sun lit up the road and engulfed her body with comfortable warmth.

How beautiful it is to stroll around town. How much she loved the bright sun.

The fresh breeze hit against her skin like ocean waves. She closed her eyes for a second and took a deep breath.

A few more steps and she reached the hairdressing salon. It was a recommendation of a close friend of hers.

"Hi there! Welcome to Manoban Cuts!"

The name sounded kind of scary. More fitting for a haunted house but the blonde that excitedly welcomed her, naturally made her smile in return and keep those thoughts to herself.

"Hello. I made a reservat--"

"Yes, yes! I remember your voice! Ms. Park Chaeyoung right?"

"That's right." Chaeyoung nodded.

"Let me." The blonde offered, eyes drifting to Chaeyoung's bag before she took it from her shoulders to place it aside.

"Thank you."

"No problem!"

Other than Chaeyoung and that woman, there were three more hairdressers present who were busy tending to their customers.

"So," The blonde pointed to an empty seat. "Ready?"

Chaeyoung nodded, yes. "More than ready."

"Do you want me to wash it first?"

"No, thank you. I have already done that before I came." Chaeyoung declined politely.

"Eager, are we?" The blonde threw her a bright eye smile. "Well, then."

Chaeyoung sat on the red chair as the blonde put a black gown around her to keep her clean from the hair she is about to cut.

"Your hair is so pretty," The blonde said, her fingers brushing against the light strands. "Are you sure you want me to cut it?"

As Chaeyoung looked into the mirror she noticed how her cheeks became rosy. She was a sucker for sweet words.

"Yes, please. It's enough if you trim it and dye it a shade darker. I was thinking of chestnut brown."

"Hm," The blonde stood behind her, spraying water on her hair while she brushed it with a comb. "Making a pretty woman even prettier? I love my job." The tall woman mumbled behind her but Chaeyoung heard it.

The warmth from her cheeks creeped to her ears. "I'm not..." She dismissed with a red face.

"Lying is not good, you know."

"Last time I checked this was a hairdressing salon and not a sweets shop."

"Touché." She uttered, brushing her soft hair. "You must get a lot of compliments."

"Not really," Chaeyoung shook her head, so the blonde positioned her head properly and told her not to move since she was about to use a scissors.

"Only from my boyfriend."

A short silence followed her statement.

"Boyfriend, huh? He better shower you with compliments." The blonde finally said with a smirk.

"He does." Chaeyoung smiled shyly.

In the background the radio was playing pop songs. Chaeyoung hummed along when she recognised a few songs.

"Your voice really is beautiful." The woman admitted truthfully.

Chaeyoung remembered that she was able to recognise her only by her voice when they have spoken for like 20 seconds on the phone.