ㅤ26ㅤGIN'S HERO AGENCY PT. 2.

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
GIN'S HERO AGENCY PT. 2.

EDITED - 022221

Midoriya and Iida walked back to (Y/N)'s hospital room, wanting to let their friends know about the results of their examination

The freckled teen opened the door gently and his grip on the door handle tightened when he was greeted by (Y/N) and Todoroki's quiet chatter... and the heterochromatic boy's hand was placed on top of the girl's uninjured ones.

When did they get this close? Were they this close before? Why haven't he noticed? What-

"What did the doctor say?"

Midoriya's face shot forward, startled at the sound of the familiar monotone voice.

"O-Oh, mine went... okay." He punctuated his sentence with a smile so strained, so fake.

It hurts to watch.

"My left hand might have long-term damage." The bluenette informed, "Both of my arms were pretty beat up, but it looks like the damage to my left arm was especially severe. There was damage to my brachial plexus. But it just means that I'll have trouble moving my hand and fingers and experience some numbness. It's nothing that would impair movement, but there will be scars. If anything, this can be a reminder of our fight. You were all hurt because of me- because of my selfishness. I'll use this hand as a reminder of who I am and who I want to be."

"Me too..." Midoriya raised his scarred hand, probably the one from his fight with Todoroki. "Let's become stronger... together."

Iida nodded his head, while (Y/N) only stared dully and gazed down at her own bandaged up arm down to her hand.

'Scars as a token of pride? Well, that's one way to look at it... Or maybe they're just too optimistic.'

"I feel... kind of bad..." Todoroki suddenly said, making the attention turn to him.

"About what?"

"I feel like every time I get involved... other people messes up their hands... Is it a curse?"

The three of them only stared at him quizzically.

"Todoroki, I didn't know you can make jokes!" Midoriya cried out, nearly out of breath from how much he was laughing.

"I-It wasn't a joke." Todoroki insisted. "I'm like The Hand Crusher or something..."