ㅤ57ㅤALLIANCES IN BATTLE.

CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN
ALLIANCES IN BATTLE.

Pressing a hand against her forehead, she closed her (E/C) eyes shut, beyond frustrated that the worst case scenario she has been thinking about can slowly morph into reality

"What made you think that?" The older questioned. He was clearly surprised at confused at the (H/C) haired girl's sudden claim.

"Look, I'm conected to them in a way. I'm a part of their bloodline— I'm that woman's successor— Ah, damn it. It's such a long story. I don't have any time to explain but they're after me. I just know it."

The ninja grabbed a hold of her shoulders, "Look, I'm not expecting you to tell me all about it but right now I need you to clear your head..." After a pause he continued, "The woman that you're talking about... Is she your real mother?"

(Y/N) can only quietly mutter a, 'yeah'.

It was obvious that the hero was shocked but he tried to mask his tone as best as he possibly could. "Even if she's looking for you, I don't think she would hurt you since you... are her successor, as you said." Edgeshot carefully stated.

"No. But that clan would hurt a lot of people just to get to me. I know they would— I experienced it." (Y/N) explained. "And I already know what they want. They want me to join them. I'm not going to give them that. I can't."

"I know," he assured. "No one expects you to do anything drastic, but listen to me. She's your family, I get it. But those few seconds of hesitation can mean the difference between life and death, not just for you but for anyone else involved."

"She's not," she firmly said.

"What?"

"She's not my family," (Y/N) repeated, her voice held no emotion and it was stoic as usual. "There are only so many lives that I can value. I decided who my family were 12 years ago, and she's not a part of it. I'm not scared of facing her again after all these years, but the damage that could happen to the people around me."

Edgeshot huffed. "You've got a strong resolve for a kid," he stated in slight awe. He continued, "You're a hero, (Y/N). And your job is first and foremost is to protect others. Right now, you're on the right track, so you need to focus on that."

The UA student exhaled deeply, nodding a little as she did.

A high pitched, 'ding!' broke through the silence. Edgeshot clicked his tongue in as he took his phone out of his pocket, but his eyes went wide as he read the message that came up. He stood up from his seat, making both the (H/C) haired girl turn to look at him.

"What's the matter?" She asked.

"Another alert," the hero informed. "From a Pro this time— a friend of mine. Something just happened in the city and hostages were taken. He needs our help. (Y/N), are you ready to fight?"