ㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤENDING.

Her voice rang like a bell, smooth as velvet, "That's, what, eleven for me?" (Y/N) taunted with one arm pinning both of his down easily. "It's like you aren't even trying, Todoroki."

"Sparring in the dorms isn't as easy for me," he replied in his monotonous tone but it must have enough emotion in it for her to tell how flustered he was because she scoffed lightheartedly before letting go of him.

"You use that excuse every time."

"Maybe if we were sparring in the gym—"

"Whatever," she dully rolled her eyes a little. "Maybe if you would have booked one for today."

"But it was your turn to book it." Shouto huffed back. "I think you just like sparring in the dorms."

"Well, if it wasn't raining, we could have gone to the training grounds instead." The (H/C) haired girl retorted, finally moving back and laid her back on the ground next to him. "What's so bad about sparring in the dorms anyway? I'm killing it."

"Really," he deadpanned. "I could take out an entire wall with my ice."

And despite them being at this for nearly two hours straight, the stoic girl still had something to say, as blunt as ever, rolling onto her side to face him, "Excuses. You just suck," she said to him, pushing herself to her feet before his mismatched eyes can even blink.

Nonchalantly, she offered a hand to him and Shouto takes it, if only to enjoy the blissful feeling of the girl lifting him like he's weightless.

"I'm stepping out." He nodded to the balcony, pulling back the curtain and opening the door.

The sound of raindrops pattering on the glass had been muted, but once the door opened, the full force of the sound of rainfall floats ambiently into the room.

Shouto had always liked the rain, especially the late summer rain like this; it's warm, yet cold at the same time. Sort of like him.

The (H/C) haired girl's socked feet padded along the ground as she followed him out onto the balcony.

She sighed as her back and elbows pressed against the cold metal railings, leaning her head back and welcoming the rain to wash over her face.

(Y/N) didn't wear her usual sarashi that she uses when training and instead wore a black tee shirt, and it had already gotten decently wet from her sweat, but now it clings even more to her.

Shouto is nearly always panicking, but the subject of his panic creeped further and further towards the variety of emotions with every second that he spent tracing the details of her features.

His thoughts were interrupted when she suddenly spoke and he nearly made him jump. "Quit staring."

It took him a moment to process her words and he averted his gaze. "...We should go inside," he says instead in an attempt to hide his nerves. "You’re going to catch a cold."

"That was one time," she muttered under her breath, a little irritated. "I'm fine. I don't get sick easily—"

An alarm sounds, and this time Shouto does jump the same time (Y/N) flinched. And before she could reach for the door to the balcony, a firm metal door slides into place.

The subsequent sound of other metal shutters covering windows and balcony doors echoed in the rain, and at the very least, the alarm sound is trapped inside the dorm building.

The dorm building that they're probably supposed to be inside of right now.

"Ah shit."

Villain drills are less than uncommon lately, and it shows by the irritated groan (Y/N) lets out.