ㅤ21ㅤDISTANT MEMORIES.

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
DISTANT MEMORIES.

EDITED - 022221
052521

Her slightly chapped lips were pursed as she displayed wry amusement when she saw the sight before her

Her slightly chapped lips were pursed as she displayed wry amusement when she saw the sight before her. The ash blonde, who won first place, was thoroughly restrained and chained to the highest ranked podium. His hands were encased in a giant metal claw, preventing him from using his quirk and a mouth guard was even put on him for extra measure.

As the (H/C) haired girl stepped onto the third place platform, she came to a realization. "Didn't Iida get third place too?" She asked All Might who was now in front of her, holding a bronze medal.

The blonde man's smile faltered ever so slightly. "Young Iida had to leave to take care of some urgent family business."

(Y/N) nodded in understanding. "Oh..." She trailed off, eyeing the bronze medal that All Might is holding. She sighed in disappointment.

The Number One Hero cleared his throat loudly before speaking to the (E/C) eyed teen. "Young (L/N), I see that you successfully made it this far to get third place. Well done! I'm sure your parents are proud."

"Yeah. I guess." (Y/N) replied, not quite sure herself, before bowing her head slightly as All Might placed the medal around her neck.

The vibrant blonde laughed at this, patting her back a little bit too roughly. "You have great potential, and I know you will become a great hero some day." He wrapped his arms around the girl, envoloping her in a muscular and somewhat awkward hug. "No matter what rank you are... I'm proud of you, kid."

Her dull (E/C) eyes turned glossy at the unfamiliar words as her hands patted the man's back weakly in return. "Thank you... old man."

━━

(Y/N) was sitting quietly in the back of their car with her father, just an arm's length away from her. It was quiet. Too quiet. She bit the inside of her cheek harshly before speaking up, her voice was a little rough. "Sorry."

The white haired man let a few seconds of silence to pass before replying, "You let your emotions take control again." His deep voice resonated through out the dead silent vehicle, making (Y/N) wince. "If you did that in a real fight against villains, you would die."

"I know." Looking at the passing vehicles and the blur of scenery outside the car window was much more interesting than meeting her father's steel gray eyes.

"I see that you still care about that foul mouthed friend of yours." (Y/N) opted not to answer and just click her tongue at the statement, feeling called out. The man let out an exhale. "Well I guess it can't be helped... Anyway, I sent an offer to UA. I hope you choose to intern with me." He paused, almost hesitating. "There are some things I want to talk to you about."