ㅤ36ㅤFULL OF THORNS.

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
FULL OF THORNS.

It was eerie in the comfort of (Y/N)'s room

It was eerie in the comfort of (Y/N)'s room. The room was cold, and the faint buzzing of the air conditioner is the only thing than can be heard as she laid in her bed.

A soft exhale left her nose as her eyelashes fluttered tiredly. It was as if the world had shrunken away to leave a cold void around her skin, as if she had become detached from reality itself.

The battle from yesterday— she still remembers it very clearly.

Gray static on the screen was soon replaced with a grainy visual of the smoke covered courtyard. Through the debris she could vaguely make out a lone, frail figure standing among the rubble.

All Might nearly fell over as the dust cleared, but forced himself to remain standing, smiling up at the cameras and raising a victorious fist.

Everyone in the crowd erupted into applause, crying tears of joy, after their initial shock. The crowd cheered his name like a mantra, and he stood to enjoy his moment of victory before he was done for good.

"Now it's... your turn."

It almost felt like a goodbye.

As the sun began to slowly peak out over the horizon, the Symbol of Peace reveled in his last moments of being a hero.

(Y/N) rolls over on her bed and grips her pillow like a life preserver.

One of the sparks were gone.

━━

A few days later, 12:00 PM - UA Staff Conference Room

"Is everything ready for our students' return?" The principal asked.

"The buildings are in their finishing stages of constriction," Cementoss replied. "They should be finished by the time the new semester starts."

"It's been quite a summer, hasn't it?" Nezu chuckled lightly. "I feel like these dorms will be good for them. Our students need a sense of normalcy restored after everything they went through. This system will also allow us to keep an eye on them to ensure their safety."

"Well, parents are understandably questioning how "safe" their children are at UA." Aizawa questioned, "Will this really help the situation as it is?"

"I think it will," Nezu replied confidently. "Your class' provisional course was interrupted at the camp, so you'll need to get your students prepared for the upcoming license exam. The villains won't stay underground for long. Although we won the battle I wouldn't necessarily call this a victory..."