ㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤAFTER ENDING.

If there had been a dip in the road, they would have caught air. It was surreal really— to see (Y/N) looking so bored, sitting in the driver's seat as they hurdle over the road at 160kph.

And if it wasn’t for Hawks' constant chiding, they'd be going well over 200, but the 20 year old would settle for a mere 40 over the legal limit if it meant that she could drive in peace.

This late at night the bypass was fairly empty, save for a few night commuters. In truth, Hawks wouldn't have minded the woman's excessive speeds if it wasn’t for the habitual nagging in the back of his mind, reminding him that no matter how deep he's in for a good time, he had been branded by the law.

(Y/N) doesn't really care, much to his chagrin.

While she believes in goodness and right, she has little use for rules and regulations and usually follows her own compass.

And as much as Hawks envied and admired that trait of hers, he could not say the same at the moment.

"I swear to God—" He griped, shooting a withering look at the woman as they shot through the shoulder, bypassing a cluster of cars they’d gained on. "If you're gonna do stupid shit, can you at least do it in the lanes? There could be glass in the shoulder!"

'Ah...' (Y/N) thought to herself in mild annoyance. 'It's only been 5 minutes, how is he already being so obnoxious?'

"Relax a little, will you? I know what I'm doing." She clicked her tongue, shifting gears, eyes trained on the horizon. "You're such a buzz kill."

"I'd rather kill your buzz than die because of your shitty driving," Hawks spat back, narrowing his eyes in irritation.

"Shitty driving, huh?" A quiet calm painted her tone as usual. There was an underlying wicked tint to the words, and her eyes glinted in the city lights— blue, red and orange sparks dancing in her (E/C) irises.

Before them, the bypass was empty for at least two kilometers, and (Y/N), tired of the blonde's yapping, was about to prove a point.

Shifting into top gear, she started to top their speed out, lips curling into a tight smirk when Hawks huffed in exasperation.

"Hey." She breathed out. "Look at me."

Hawks looked. Reluctantly.

There she was. His personal demon and greatest suffering, (H/C) hair falling in her muted eyes.

"Kid," he muttered, fear mounting in his chest as he realized what she was doing. "Look at the road." Electricity cracked in his veins, knowing that his plea wouldn't be answered.

"I'm not a child." She was stubborn, keeping her gaze trained on the man as they continued to gain speed.

"Hey, I'm serious here." Hawks begged, his breaths coming in short, heart stuttering in his chest.

"Mm, how about no?" (Y/N) hummed.

"I hate you," he muttered bitterly, breaking away to look at the road, panic boiling over as he saw them gaining on several transport trucks. A cold hand closed around his heart, squeezing tightly as they neared the vehicles. "I was supposed to die a sexy death. You're such an asshole."

(Y/N) huffed out a sound that sounded too close to a laugh, genuine amusement glinting in her eyes. "Don't worry," she assured. "I can still arrange that."

Hawks closed his eyes, brows furrowing as his heart raced up into his throat, threatening to explode. He waited, and waited, and eventually, he felt the car slow.

Opening his eyes, he glanced over at the firl, who had returned her gaze to the road, features dripping with smug satisfaction.

"Chicken," she jabbed, branding the image of Hawks shaking in the passenger seat into her mind for later entertainment.