ㅤ50ㅤALONE TOGETHER.

CHAPTER FIFTY
ALONE TOGETHER.

CHAPTER FIFTYALONE TOGETHER

Ridiculous. This whole investigation is a whole joke and a waste of her time. Still, (Y/N) can't help but laugh because of all evidences that was presented to her. What a load of crap.

At first she was nervous, not because she was guilty, but because there was a chance that all of that was real— an heir to that Clan? The same clan that probably caused the incident? The incident that almost took away her life? She would be revolted.

But quickly looking back at the evidences and trusting her instincts, she immediately knew that something was wrong.

Something was seriously wrong with the lavender haired man, and everything was slowly clicking in her mind.

What a scumbag.

"...Threats won't work to help your case, you know." Fujimori said, his arrogant smirk dropping and his voice was oddly meek compared to his boasting just a second ago.

(Y/N) breathed out, her stoic nature creeping back up to her visage, wry amusement no longer in her veins as she crossed her arms. "Is that all you can say? I don't know, I just find it funny that you would waste your breath on such empty gibberish."

His hands clenched into fists, irritated. "If you still won't admit— fine. I have one more evidence to support my claim."

"Whatever." (Y/N) pushed her chin out non-committedly towards the principal. Then her eyes sharply looked at the government agent. "But after this case is over, I'll kill you and your career, you disgusting pig."

(Y/N) took satisfaction at the way the man's shoulders visibly tensing as his breath hitched.

Silence engulfed the room for a moment and only the faint humming of the air conditioner nearby can be heard before a crinkling sound of plastic filled the room.

Principal Nezu placed the container on top of his table for everyone to see, and it was filled with a very familiar cloth.

"This was found at the crime scene. A handkerchief along with the symbol of the Aethon Clan is stitched on it." Fujimori explained, confidence dripping in his tone. "A technique known as Vacuum Metal Deposition that uses gold and zinc to recover the fingerprint mark is used on this cloth. VMD is a highly sensitive technique already used to detect fingerprint marks surfaces like this." Then he motioned with his hand. "(L/N)'s fingerprints matches the one on this handkerchief. There's just no way that you could obtain this without having any kind of connection with them."

Her dull eyes picked up the bag, and narrowed her eyes at what she saw. She's sure that they probably have the fingerprint proof at the ready, so she didn't ask for it anymore. After all, if they didn't, then the principal wouldn't have been convinced.

At first glance, the evidence was pretty solid— there's no way around it. But (Y/N) knew better than that. She reviewed the incident for a long period of time, so it's inevitable that she would also receive some knowledge involving forensics.